CCBB Bandsaw Blade Guard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernienufc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have just acquired a Perform CCBB Bandsaw which is need of some work to get back to scratch.
I have the manual (thank you Axminster) for any parts I need like the bearings, but I have a question about the setup.
On my hobby Bandsaw the bearings are 90 degrees to the blade, in other words the blade rests against (or nearly rests) the roller edges which makes perfect sense, but on this model the blade sits against the faces which as you can see carved a groove in it. So is there a mod or is that the way it needs to be?
1.jpg

1a.jpg

Many Thanks
Malc

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 151
On my hobby one the blade touches the bearing when under pressure especially as the gap is so small when setup, but no matter how hard i try i cannot for the life of me understand this setup....that said there must be hundreds of these out there so maybe its just me.
Thanks for reply

Its meant to run about 1/4 of the was across the bearing so if it touches it spins the bearing, looks like its been set up wrong, get a new bearing from Ebay etc it should have a number on it.
Lots of bans saws have this arrangement and they work fine.

Pete

Racers":1nx6dokv said:
Its meant to run about 1/4 of the was across the bearing so if it touches it spins the bearing, looks like its been set up wrong, get a new bearing from Ebay etc it should have a number on it.
Lots of bans saws have this arrangement and they work fine.

Pete

Thanks Pete, will do

Back