car boot find

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
20230902_173420.jpg20230902_173427.jpg20230902_173444.jpg20230902_173455.jpg20230902_173544.jpg

I think they might be bootlace ferrule crimping pliers, and for 50p worth a punt. I am trying to decide if they could be by knipex or maybe bahco?

I think they might be bootlace ferrule crimping pliers...

They are ferrule crimping pliers, but they are for a single size of ferrule.

That makes me wonder how useful they might be for electrical ferrules. They would be good if you have a million of that size to do as there is no risk of putting the ferrule in the wrong set of jaws of the multi-size ones, but 99% of similar pliers are multi-size. Is it possible that they are a multi-size set that have been cut down?

Rather than identifying their manufacturer, perhaps it would be useful to work out what size (wire cross sectional area) they might be for.

A small possibility is that they are for the ferrules that go on the end of bicycle brake cables to stop the ends fraying but I cannot find pictures of anything similar. An outside possibility is the ferrules that are used on thin wire rope to form loops but all pictures of those you see are compound action (like bolt croppers).

Just tried them with ferrules and up 2.5mm ferrules fit in the groove . Even if I never use them for ferrules I haven't lost a lot after all.20230903_141614.jpg

blue one is my normal crimper that does a 4 way square crimp and the brown is the pliers

Last edited:
Back