Camera lens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might help to give some indication of what you're after ie sigma 10-20mm, canon 16-35/17-40 etc ;)

Hi Carl
I am not sure, I have just got this camera & it is all new to me.
Will a Sigma lens fit the Canon 600d ?? or will it have to be a Canon lens.
Any help or advice would help me a lot.

Terence

terencedug":j1xmy7wb said:
Hi Carl
I am not sure, I have just got this camera & it is all new to me.
Will a Sigma lens fit the Canon 600d ?? or will it have to be a Canon lens.
Any help or advice would help me a lot.

Terence

Hi Terence

I can't help you much but my advice would be don't be in a hurry to part with your cash. You seem to know little as yet about the camera and really need to do some serious reading and web crawling before you make a decision. Check out some of the photography forums (google).
Another tip is to take your camera into PC world / Curries, camera retailers, John Lewis etc. "shopping" for a lens (don't part with any cash). Some of the guys are very knowledgeable but will give info only on what they sell. Make sure you read up first so you can ask pertinent questions. You can then narrow your choice and shop for the best deal. Canon offer cashback sometimes but haven't looked to check.

It doesn't have to a canon brand lens as there are some very good alternatives out there but it depends on how much manual control you want as some of them won't give you full auto control whereas the canon lenes will.

I've had a 450d for a few years which does all I want but got rid of my various lenses and settled on a canon 18 - 200 IS as my "kit" lens which a good compromise for my needs.

Bob

Hi Terence. Yes sigma along with other 3rd parties make canon fit lenses. Lons has given good advice there. And agree just use what you have and get used to it. If you do decide to join a photography forum. I can recommend this one

http://www.photography-forum.org/

Very helpful and friendly, i have been there 3 years now i think. :)

I'd always buy the optics made by the camera maker. In my view the old Nikon advert with a beer bottle shoved on a Nikon F3 said it all ready.

This is a super wide Nikkor on a cheap old Nikon EM (remember film?)...and it did the job...it's the optics that give the results not the camera...

surfcanoe1web.jpg

Just my 2p worth.

Jimi

Latest posts

Back