Burgess BK3 keeps jamming/stopping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great win by Andy.
The description was very comprehensive and I will use that to inform potential sources.
Thanks again and sorry to trouble you on a Sunday.
Kindest regards,
Martyn

One more thought. (Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!)

Have you tried adjusting the tension on the belt?
You can do so by slacking off the two screws that hold the motor.

I've got an alternative large pulley on mine (to give a slow speed) and that does not have any teeth so they may not always have been part of the design.

Yes. I was adjusting the tension when i noticed there was no teath on the pulley

I gotta say untill tomorrow i wont be able to locate a repacement.
Thanks for your imput Charley.
Kind regards
Martyn

AndyT":1suyxoao said:
I've got an alternative large pulley on mine (to give a slow speed) and that does not have any teeth so they may not always have been part of the design.

I have, an original, BBS20, the forerunner of the BK series. There are no teeth either on the belt or the pulleys. It drives well so a toothless solution could be an answer.
xy

The BK3 that I had (years ago) had teeth on both pulleys. The slipping that is heard on the Video that was posted damages the teeth of the plastic pulley - which is what happened to mine. I guess it gets mighty hot with the friction and after all it is only plastic (my Pulley was Red, ah I remember it well). I sourced a replacement and all was fine. It was quite a bit before Record took over.

Thanks for your input xy & mignal,

I`m looking at things like this...........www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380642422251....................www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251254006408 .............to see if I can adapt. I`ve also written to 3 companies for help.
I`ll get back when I have something.
`night all

Just ordered the replacement pulley from Record power. They say they will not be able to get anymore.
I will get back to you when fitted and tested although I will miss all the input from members.
Regards and thanks to all,
Martyn.................wineprovider

good luck with the replacement, I would suggest possibly letting someone take a look at it in a metalwork shop or find a student with access to cad software and see if they can't pull the design for that pulley from your replacement, if it's going to be the last one at least you will have a record of how to get one made (or to find a replacement elsewhere).

Thanks Reggie.............You won`t believe this. I refitted the pulley I have and and cut some plastic 3mm x 9mm pieces of plastic and super-glued them to the worn out spindle.........UREKA it worked and now all the anguish at the weekend seems to be a waste of time.
Lashings of superglue and we have a successful bodged repair.
I`m very pleased.
I`ll keep the replacements for back up in case of failure.
Indecently I have bought 2 of the replacement pulleys and Record didn`t say how many they had left but was limited.
Regards to all.
Martyn..............................wineprovider

"UPDATE"

Parts arrived a.m. fitted them and all seems well.
There just seems to be a noisy blade. Any ideas to cure same would be very welcome.
Thanks for all the input.
Regards,
Martyn

Back