Building my own Kreg Foreman machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glynster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I intend to fabricate my own Foreman style machine - I have built a couple of CNC machines from scratch so mechanically I am not too daunted by it because it seems a simple enough set up. What I am puzzling over is what drill unit to use and I wondered if anybody knew of a drill without a handle (more cylindrical router shaped instead of L-shaped - ideally mains operated) or indeed a smallish router that will run slow enough and take a Jacobs chuck? I am trying to avoid using a cnc spindle because of the need to use a variable frequency drive - which all feels massively over-engineered. I know I can but a Kreg cheaper - but where's the fun in that?

I don't know whether it will take a Jacobs chuck, or how low it will go, but Peter Sefton has a new router out that is just the cylindrical body. It is designed to go into a router lift system. I've not used it in anger, but I did demonstrate for him at his last show and it looked very good to me (and I was a skeptic beforehand). Why not give him a shout and ask about it?

Thanks, I'll check that out - I may have to modify a palm router to take a chuck - so long as I can get it to spin slow enough

Back