Boot faster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI this is not an MS app it's a stand alone product from R2 Studios. Looks promising tho. I would check it on your spyware\virus type programs before you use it.

Just taken the application out it seemed to take longer to finish loading all the 'stuff' so you could not start up a application from your menu as quickly as you would like.

OLD":2qa5411y said:
Just taken the application out it seemed to take longer to finish loading all the 'stuff' so you could not start up a application from your menu as quickly as you would like.
Hi OLD

I would suggest looking for one of the apps that tells you what services are running at startup and what they do. If the OS build is relatively mature then there will undoubtedly be loads of leftover gubbins loading up that isn't required any more, but the uninstall programs don't get rid of.

That way you know exactly what's loading and can decide whether you need it on startup or not.

I have the bare minumum starting up and can boot relatively quickly for the spec of the machine.

Let me know if you need any help with it. Happy to assist where I can.

From the start menu select run and then type in msconfig.
That shows you what runs at start up and lots more besides.
Be careful what you stop running though - use google to check on anything you're not sure about.
HTH,
Pete

cambournepete":ho7sa5rv said:
From the start menu select run and then type in msconfig.
Thanks Pete for the reminder. How could I forget. :oops: Just put a short cut on the Desktop.
Cheers,
Jim

Back