Bonnet vent, scoop and water issues ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyb350z

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you all had a great easter.

I bought a shogun as a workhorse to go ot the tip, B&Q, take dogs out etc etc, and decided to chase my youth and have some fun with it, nitrous, re-spray etc etc, I want to fit a large bonnet vent and hood scoop, my worry is water though, coming into the engine bay, is this going to cause problems, or more to the point is there anywhere under the bonnet i do not want water to go ?

with it been a shogun sport 4x4, i see them on youtube going through shallow lakes, deep puddles etc etc, i was wondering if i cut a hole in my bonnet and fit the intended scoops, am i likely to hit trouble ?

any advice would be most appreciated !

Andy

You dont want water in your electrics , some kind of snorkel device on your air intake as well will help.

If the vent and scoop are being fitted primarily for cosmetic reasons then perhaps make the holes 'false' e.g. block them up and paint them black - no one will be any the wiser.

Not much point fitting a scoop if you are not ducting the air to where its needed. The scoop on my Scooby is directly over the turbos intercooler and the bonet underside seals to that.

Likewise the two vents are placed over the heads as its a 4cyl boxer but there are baffles inside to direct water away from the engine.

If you just fit a random scoop and vents all that will happen is the air will be forced into the scoop and go straight out the vents without going near the engine

If wading and the bow wave starts comming over the bonet you are in too deep anyway unless you have a snorkle

jasonB":306t13qm said:
The scoop on my Scooby is directly over the turbos intercooler and the bonet underside seals to that.

And in this case getting sprayed with water is a positive advantage.

:) :)

Back