Best Tool I Ever Bought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry

Established Member
Reaction score
Influenced by a current post I've been thinking about the best tool I ever bought... there have been so many...

My Metabo UHE28 multi drill gives me a warm glow as I open the case, it exudes a loyalty almost as if it doesn't want to let me down - maybe it's in the advertising blurb; "unbreakable hammer action", "marathon motor", it instills a Toyota Hilux sense of solidity. But the SDS chuck fell apart after 6 months heavy use & I'm finding it very hard getting a replacement... 8.5/ 10 though

A Shimano crank extractor transformed my early teenage life in the early 80's - the absolute joy of being able to get a crank arm off with ease is hard to compare... even now I'd struggle without one. Still working, never failed me. It does exactly what it says, but it doesn't do anything else. 9.5/ 10

Not sure I can call it a tool but there is one thing I can't be without - I use it just about every day, summer & winter - I use it on my car, in the house, on wood, on metal, on machines... it does what it says and it does a lot more too. And it only cost a couple of quid. I think the best tool I ever bought was a can of WD-40.

Best tool I ever bought has got to be my Makita drill/driver. It is around 15 years old now and still working well with continuous use. Never failed me and has done a lot of work. Most amazing thing about it is it is still on the same two batteries that it came with!! Not bad for Nicads. :shock: I just know when it eventually dies I shall replace it with.........another Makita. :D

My No 7 1/2 LN, making things flat was never so easy.

Cheers Mike

An Elu OF97E router, I got it when that model first came out and has taken some serious abuse and work, sometimes way beyond what it was meant for. :? And a 5 1/2 Stanley plane, its been with me all my working life and just feels right.

My Woodford Unisaw clone - best tool I ever bought.
Effortlessly powerful, accurate and repeatable. A bargain!
Philly :D

I'm reserving jugement til next friday.... ;)

I purchased a Coronet Consort machine, 2nd hand. It has been fab and cuts medium timber great. lathe is smooth and the planer gets through the wood with caged anger.

I have pushed this machine and it just keeps going, lovely bit of kit

Amrik

My Elu 96E router still going after 15+ years and I cant find anything that compares with it apart from maybe the Festool 1010.

Oh and the Kreg pocket hole jig I bought recently so simple but works everytime.

I probably get most pleasure out of the lathe,but would have to put the impact driver as being the best (most useful,in a different league to using a cordless drill)

Andrew

an old rabone combination square. it is so much more versatile than a fixed square. and very accurate. its used as a depth gauge a pencil gauge a square a mitre square large square small square a ruler etc. never used one prior to this boot sale purchase 2 years ago wouldnt be without it now. my advice would be buy a good one(mitutoyo starrett etc) but only the square head and 12 inch rule the other parts are not really used much.

my 4" engineers square, and a cheap brass caliper that I only ordered to get free delivery, I don't use rulers or gauges to measure thickness or depth anymore and it was only £4.00.

Out of my collection of routers which are a dewalt DW618 combo kit, Bosch gof2000ce, a Porter cable 2+1/4hp one and a Dewalt 615, the most used is a little red power devil quarter inch jobby that cost me the pricely sum of 9.99.

jonathan.

Back