best sea towns where to live in England??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickare

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
hopefully if everything will go as expected,next year i will move in England,and of course i will go where i will find a job,but,my question is,could you name some sea towns quite and pictoresque,where to live and work? i come from a small town in Italy,Terracina,and i´m used to live about 50metres from the sea..i would like to find a place that remembers me my hometown;after some years in Sweden far from the sea and the sun it start to be really difficult now..this is a picture of my town..

Attachments

• Terracina-vista01.jpg
    Terracina-vista01.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,088
As long as it's in Kent, you can't go far wrong. I'd recommend Whitstable.

Dario (Kentish Man)

Hi Dario..thanks a lot for the tip..i will google it immediately..but..just a curiosity..your name sounds very italian..am i wrong??

For the best chance of sun you'll be looking at the South coast - from Kent to Cornwall, but there are quiet and picturesque towns all over. One of my favourite areas is in South Wales - Gower Coast.

Michaelo :wink:

I live in Lee on the Solent so right on the sea. I love it. However the road in and out isn't great, so it depends on your work as to where is good to go. My In Laws live in East Wittering and that's a nice spot.

phil.p":2ordhokt said:
Avoid seaside places in Cornwall unless you wish to make your living selling overpriced ice cream or heroin. :D

JonnyD":2ordhokt said:
Avoid Skegness

Cheers

Jon

They both look quite important tips.. :D thanks to all of you guys,i´m googling all the places you have mentioned..

Unfortunately there's nothing in Essex I can recommend, and least of all Canvey Island or Jaywick.

doorframe":250xh7sb said:
Unfortunately there's nothing in Essex I can recommend, and least of all Canvey Island or Jaywick.

Can i know why doorframe?seems that many of you guys think that there are places really not so good along the coast,i never been in UK,so i have no idea why,could you guys explain the problems that some of this towns you mentioned have?

Dorset, Sussex and Kent all have nice places to live near the sea. Finding work nearby is another matter though, depends on your work I guess. I've always liked it around Chichester way but the A27 can be a real pain at times.

A lot will depend upon what else you want.

The Exmoor Coast is stunning, but has few opportunities for well-paid work, and does not make for easy access to the rest of the country. We love living here (well, just a little east) for the feeling of calm and isolation from the teeming south-east, for the open spaces and the wildlife.

Other people might prefer employment, nightlife, or similar opportunities.

Hi Phill. it looks a stunning place..what a beautiful landscape,i will look carefully..

Latest posts

Back