Basato 5-2 Bandsaw cable

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisdl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there

I hope this is OK to post here it seemed appropriate.

I have a Basato 5-2 Bandsaw and a friend has just changed the plug over to a 16amp and now it is working perfectly but to do this he butchered my table saw cable so now I'm looking for the connectors that fit in the machine side of the electricity cable but I have no idea what it's called and my friend who is an electrical engineer didn't know either. I just want a couple of these connectors so I can make new leads up as the record power one from my table saw was a bit cheap and nasty. Could any one shed any light on what this connector is called please, it's round, black and I believe it has two pin holes inside.

I will link a couple of pictures in hopes of it helping as my description is left wanting.

24kzj8x.jpg
9icmbq.jpg

I have seen them before on a european printing machine part
However I would replace the socket/plug on your machine with a plate and cable gland and put a new length of cable on as long as you wish
Is there any reason you need a removable cable?

Ian

My whole machine room is in a normal sized garage and everything gets moved out to be used, mobility is the only reason I could get everything into such a small area, I have a planer thicknesser, router table, band saw and a table saw plus my wood storage all in the garage and 12 x 10 shed for bench and hand work.

It's not a perfect setup but it works as long as I am organised on projects. The connections are on a new table saw I bought from record power and this basato 5-2 bandsaw I bought second hand so it seems to be a normal thing in woodworking machines that are not 3 phase, it must be possible to source the fittings?

I must admit to not having a clue what a plate and cable gland is, I have decent cable it's just the connections.

I am fully open to advice here because I really have no idea.

Kris
P.S. I'm kinda hoping Steve Maskery has an idea as I think he has the same bandsaw and I have his dvd's.

A plate is just something to replace the socket and cover the hole left when you remove the same .A gland is what the cable passes through and supports it and stops it being pulled out.
Very few machines bigger than 2kw have a removable supply cord
lots have iec plugs ( kettle leads) but they only good up to 10 amps iirc

Back