bandsaw box blade advise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnLasair

Established Member
Reaction score
i am wanting to try to make a few bandsaw boxes. However, when having a go at the weekend the bandsaw was struggling with the curves as our blade is a bit too wide, I am looking at getting a thinner blade but was ondering what size/TPI would be best (i.e. what would others recommend)?

I've made a few bandsaw boxes and I understand your problem as even a quarter inch blade is too wide for some of the curves I attempt. I now use a one eighth inch blade which I get from Ian at Tuffsaws. The one he recommends is the 1/8" x 14tpi SuperTuff Carbon Bandsaw Blade and for the 2552mm that I require I pay £14.00 each plus P&P & VAT.

If you haven't used Ian at Tuffsaws before he can be contacted on 07896 058499 or 01443 819261 or you can email him at [email protected] and he comes highly recommended.

You can also check out his website at www.tuffsaws.co.uk

HTH

regards

Brian

brianhabby":1snki3pw said:
I've made a few bandsaw boxes and I understand your problem as even a quarter inch blade is too wide for some of the curves I attempt. I now use a one eighth inch blade which I get from Ian at Tuffsaws. The one he recommends is the 1/8" x 14tpi SuperTuff Carbon Bandsaw Blade and for the 2552mm that I require I pay £14.00 each plus P&P & VAT.

If you haven't used Ian at Tuffsaws before he can be contacted on 07896 058499 or 01443 819261 or you can email him at [email protected] and he comes highly recommended.

You can also check out his website at www.tuffsaws.co.uk

HTH

regards

Brian
+1 for Ian at Tuffsaws, tell him what you want to make and he'll tell you what blade you need, Brian's right when he says 'he comes highly recommended'

Baldhead

Latest posts

Back