Bandsaw blade help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if someone might be able to help a bandsaw newbie!

I have just bought a second hand Delta 28-180 bench band saw and need to buy a blade for it.

I have looked in the manual that came with it and it says it accepts blades of 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8" wide and although it doesn't state it in the manual, it came with some other paperwork showing a 56.1/8" blade is required (having googled the model this looks to be the case).

I have been on the Axminster website to look but can only find 56" blades, will this fit ok?

I am going to be using this for a bit of small ripping and also some curve/circle cutting etc so was going to go for a 3/8" 6tpi blade...

any advice much appreciated!

Cheers. :D

phil.p":13imm7kb said:
Get hold of Ian at Tuffsaws. All your questions will be answered. His blades are the best and cheaper than many (certainly Axminster).

Excellent!

thank you for the recommendation!

Another vote for Tuffsaws. Extremely helpful and excellent blades.

Another thumbs up for Ian at Tuffsaws, great sensible advice and service. After reading about and thinking I might need 3 or four different blades (but actually no backgraound knowledge), Ian suggested I try 2 different blades, to start with and see how I get on, have not looked back since and not need anymore. Thanks Ian

Cheers all!

I didn't manage to get hold of them (it was last thing on Friday after all...) but I have a blade on order!

Back