Band saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dellpitch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just to say I have had my very first , prompt delivery
from Ian at Tuffsaws.

The 3/4" x 3TPI blade for my Record 350S machine
just seems to hum, easy to tension, cuts true, a great blade in my opinion
at a reasonable price.

I have no connection with Tuffsaws other than being a satisfied customer.

Hi dellpitch did you get it of his ebay listing i got ian to put one up for me at the buy it now price for my 350s and someone beat me to it i was late from work and missed it.
He put another one up and i did not waste no time, expecting it over next couple of days they are priced very reasonable for the m42 blades.

I have had a 3/4 blade on it already i think it was a standard record one and it tensioned that alright when i have fitted the new one i will let you know how i get on.
Ian did say some machines struggle to tension the 3/4 blades but at the moment i am useing a 1/2" blade and tensioning that was a diddlecompared to the 3/4 one i had on it before.

can someone remind me how you get in touch with tuffsaws - i need some blades for my kity 613 (90" I think)

I got the blade today and it does look thicker now you got me thinking shultzy but at the moment i am doing and extension to the workshop needed more space so will get it fitted over next couple off days.
Bsm i got in touch with him on ebay when i was looking for blades for the bs his user name is tuffsaws.

BTR":20y2gv46 said:
I got the blade today and it does look thicker now you got me thinking shultzy but at the moment i am doing and extension to the workshop needed more space so will get it fitted over next couple off days.
Bsm i got in touch with him on ebay when i was looking for blades for the bs his user name is tuffsaws.

can someone help me out on this? I,v searched for his blades and searched for his username in the search for seller options but had no luck.

I,m probably been thick but i cant find any blades by him..

Thanks guys :oops: :oops:

cheers guys - slight confusion on my part as he doesnt seem to have very many 90in blades on there (my "new" -if pre used- kity 613 is marked as taking a 90inch blade - i assume that 90.5 ins will fit with the tensioning taking up the difference)

the only 90.5 ins blade ian is showing is 5/8 inch 4tpi , wheras i really need a 3/8 3 tpi skip for cutting out round turning blanks , and also something meatier like 1/2 or 3/4 for ripping.

Am i right in thinking that he doesnt have his whole stock on his ebay shop and that he'll bve able to source others if i ask him too

tom owens":1z75fgbm said:
BTR":1z75fgbm said:

can someone help me out on this? I,v searched for his blades and searched for his username in the search for seller options but had no luck.

thats probably because his username is tuff_saws not "tuffsaws" ;)

big soft moose":1r55blhm said:
Am i right in thinking that he doesnt have his whole stock on his ebay shop and that he'll bve able to source others if i ask him too

I have a PDF file with his blades. It lists 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4" blades in 3 and 4 tpi.

Send him an email, he is extremely helpful. I've just ordered a couple myself.

Hi all

Some Record machines struggle to tension a 3/4" M42 blade, but some seem to cope ok with it - can't remember if it was this particular model, but Record upgraded the tensioning mechanism on some of their machines, which is why some are ok and some struggle.
M42 blades do require more tension than other blades, and if anyone has bought a 3/4" blade from me and are struggling to get it to tension, I am more than happy to replace it for a 1/2" x 3tpi M42 blade that will definitely be ok - just get in touch with and we can arrange for the 3/4" blade to be returned and a replacement sent in it's place.
Last thing that I want is for people to be stuck with a blade that they can't use

Big Soft Moose - your machine should use a 90 1/2" blade (that's the blade size listed for your machine) and I've replied to your email with more details. If you have 90 1/2" blades and they don't fit, then I will replace them for 90".

I can weld blades to any length, so even though my Ebay listings are a bit sparse, if there's a blade that anyone wants, then there's a good chance that I have it in stock. Or if you are not sure of the best blade for the cutting that you want to do, just get in touch and I will gladly go through the various options with you.

If anyone wants to get in touch regarding bandsaw blades then my email address is [email protected] or you can send a PM on here.

Ian (Tuff Saws)

cheers ian, thats helpful

the previous owner (norman king) has written 90" on the top of the bandsaw in marker , but this may just be an approximate conversion of the size in mm - so if you reckon it takes 90 1/2" blades then i'll go with that.

you'll be getting an order from me as soon as i work out what i need, both at home and at work (the work saw is a absw2, 72.5ins i think, and since dragon went belly up we've been using axcalibur blades which leave me distinctly unimpressed)

big soft moose":1d0d9w2n said:
tom owens":1d0d9w2n said:
BTR":1d0d9w2n said:

thats probably because his username is tuff_saws not "tuffsaws" ;)

Thats where i was going wrong!!! Thanks big soft moose...

I recently bought a selection of thin Tuffblades, inc 3/4" from Ian for my Record BS350. Wow, it just loves them. The machine sounds better, cuts faster and gets up to speed instantly. ( Sometimes with thicker 3/4 blades it seemed a bit of a struggle to start.)
As usual the service from Ian was excellent.

Right got around to fitting the M42 3/4 bandsaw blade today the bs350s tensioned it alright but for some reason i cant get it to run in the centre off the bottom wheel any suggestions please.
The standard 3/4 blade is fine runs in the centre of both wheels i have tried the tilt lever on the top wheel but that just centers theblade on the top wheel.

Latest posts

Back