ARNO Carbur2 Burnisher Passaround

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate it:

• Awesome - gotta get one now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great - on the list!

• Pretty good - I'd consider it

• I've seen better!

• Total voters
Thanks to Chems, I received this burnisher a couple of days ago and I had a chance to play with it for an hour or so yesterday.

It is very impressive and, just as Matthew shows in the video, it's certainly capable of forming a hook much faster than a traditional carbide burnisher.

I'm not going to rush out and buy one, simply because I don't do enough scraping to justify at the moment. If I'd just bought my first set of scrapers though and I was after a burnisher, I'd certainly consider the ARNO Carbur 2! It's not expensive at all, when you compare it to the cost of a Clifton or Roberts & Lee (that's the one I currently have).

I'll have to PM Karl for his address details before sending it on shortly. :)

Just a brief update to say that the goods are now on their way to Karl (sorry for the delay). :)

Package arrived from Olly this morning. I'll have a play over the weekend and post it on on Monday. Who's next on the list - PM me your address please.

Cheers

Karl

Apologies to all - I was the delay! My PC went down for a while, then I had a brain freeze and forgot to forward it on to Sean.

Excellent item, and will be adding to my Xmas list. Unless my SS is looking......... :lol:

Cheers

Karl

I finally had one day when I wasn't actually working...so I tested it today and these are my findings....

First off...if you don't know how to use this thing or any other burnisher then you need to watch Matt's excellent video tutorial for without this knowledge and being a complete numbnuts as I am...I got it completely wrong!!

Matt....suggestion...add this video link to your site under the product description...if people watch what can be done...they will buy this - a dead cert!

The important bit is the flattening and smoothing of the sides and edge...having got the same gear as Matt now (the marvellous 3M film)...this was a doddle!

I managed to turn an edge FAR easier than with a Clifton burnisher. It's the ease of angle that does it. Set at 90 degrees and the carbide insert angle does the rest!

First off and with some oak I had shavings...all be it small shavings....but no dust at all...

DSC_0277.JPG

They were very even and easy to shave off to create a baby bum smooth surface!

DSC_0280.JPG

This is so easy to use...has consistent results and is cheap as chips! I want one! I need to practice a bit more but this is fun!

One last point...the leather thumb protectors are fantastic!!! Really not a gimmick as I thought they would be! Worth getting too to protect your mitts!

Will play a tad more with this tool this week to master it and pass on by Friday....

Cheers guys!

Jim

Hi Guys,

I received the tool from Jim today, and after having a little play with it I will post it on to Ratwood by the weekend. So Chris if you pm me with your address I would be grateful.

Cheers

Mike

Once again I can only apologize for letting the side down but I have had so many problems lately that I was only able to send it by recorded delivery today, so Chris should have it tomorrow. :oops:

As for the tool itself after viewing Matts video I got the nack of using it and would certainly buy one myself.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Folks
Ive been asked to let you know Chris will sort out the passaround soon at the moment he is in hospital.
hope this makes sense to those concerened.
Chris will be back soon

Pyroraby":3lqgn67b said:
Hi Folks
Ive been asked to let you know Chris will sort out the passaround soon at the moment he is in hospital.
Chris will be back soon

Can you pass a message onto Chris hoping that he will get better soon.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":2xuvajqh said:
Pyroraby":2xuvajqh said:
Hi Folks
Chris will be back soon

Can you pass a message onto Chris hoping that he will get better soon.

Cheers

Mike

Absolutely!

Please pass on our regards

Jim

I take it Chris's recovered/improved ?
I've just received the passaround, will have a play over the weekend and get it on to Simon early next week.
(I think I'd better use one of my scraper's rather than the one Matthew supplied - it's been so well sharpened I don't need to test it :D ).

Back