Anyone have one of these?....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbydazzler

Reaction score
....https://www.vonhaus.com/vh_en/plunge-saw

(Yeah I know it's probably pushing the 'buy dung, get dung' envelope but I have the dilemma of needing one, but only quite rarely!)

If you have one (go on...admit it!) what the hell are the dimensions of that track??? (think it's 100mm wide)

I ordered one yesterday (£59.99) partly on the supplier's answer to another guy's question 'Can you purchase extra track sections , could do with 1800mm overall?' Answer being 'We don't currently sell extra track sections however this product should be compatible with most other brands of track.'

Hmmmmm.....upon searching I don't seem to be seeing anything like it!

....and on a side note after looking around, how much do they want to charge for a piece of extruded aluminium for God's sake!!!!

Weirdly Makita 1.4M @ £39.00 Scheppach upwards of £80.00 :shock:

So to conclude, rant over, does anyone know of other tracks that are compatible for a non extortionate price? (at this rate it would be cheaper just ordering another, keeping the saw and bits for spares and doubling up the track)

Thanks guys

Post a pic of the track when it arrives, I have a number old lengths of Parkside track which might be compatible.

Doesn't look promising, the pics make it look like the track is much narrower than standard makita/Festool/Titan. Take some measurement once you've got it in front of you and if it's suitable I'll sort you out.

Had a change of mind!

Hasn't arrived yet (due today) but negatives are starting to mount up (I know it's cheap but...)

Keep looking at the max depth of cut :( Track incompatability :( etc. etc.

I'll be banging it in for return without opening :roll:

Decided to go with this....

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb673 ... 240v/9257j

....not as cheap, but still budget, but also much better regarded.

I think I'm correct in saying the track is compatible with Makita so I'll be trying to get it up to 2.8M.

Setch - you have anything suitable? Will gladly pay a fair price!

Back