animated wooden toys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibcallus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang have been enjoying myself making animated wooden toys by David Wakefield and they are brilliant if your reading this David thank you very much, hope you guys like them and all comments welcome, thanks also for explaining how i got to post on site,

Brian.

Attachments

• The Hound with oil.jpg
    The Hound with oil.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 128
Hi again guys , here's some more

Brian

Attachments

• The Hound.jpg
    The Hound.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Tricertops.jpg
    Tricertops.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Kangaroo with Roo.jpg
    Kangaroo with Roo.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Hipopotimus.jpg
    Hipopotimus.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Lobster.jpg
    Lobster.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 126
They look really nice Brian - I love making something with moving parts and I bet that the recipients will get lots of enjoyment from them - Good Job :mrgreen:

Lots of bandsaw work?

Great work Brian, you got a right to be exited with work like that M8, I love the Tricertops. You have not got a T.Rex by anychance, Plans that is lol. Well done m8.

Cheers

Dave

Nice going Brian....I too have made many of David Wakfields animated toys. Children like action & pull toys are gender neutral. The one in the group in his book that I did not think much of after making it was the turtle. Alot of work for just a nodding head. However, the one I particularily liked is the rail car with the two railroaders pumping the handles. Lots of action in that one.
Probably his most famous design & the one built by hobbyists world wide is the waddling duck. I always like to moify his designs & in the case of the duck I build the wings seperate of contrasting wood & with a push rod cause the duck to also "quack". Good fun.

Lee

Is it just me? I cant view these pictures, I see the "alt" text, but nothing happens on its own.

When I click on one, there is a delay of a few seconds, then a "server not responding" message appears.

Chataigner":2y1r8nf4 said:
Is it just me? I cant view these pictures, I see the "alt" text, but nothing happens on its own.

When I click on one, there is a delay of a few seconds, then a "server not responding" message appears.

Showing up ok for me Chataigner

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts

Back