Aldi Sunday Special

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Adam

I have a couple of sets of the router bits and they seem to work well, I have used the chamfer bit lots (I have it permanently set up in a router) and its still sharp.
They aren’t bad for the price.

Pete

The ones on offer in aldi?

If so then I may pick a set up when I'm passing! For 6.99 it's worth a shot!

Hi, Adam

Yep I think they are all made by the same firm in the far east, they seem reasonable quality, I think the small ones would break easly but the round over and chamfer bits work well enough.

I have a set in my router box just incase I forget to take some with me.

Pete

I usually buy a couple of boxes of the router cutters when they are on sale - can't really go wrong at 60p each

As for the router itself - I'm another fan. I bought a couple when our Aldi was moving from one end of town to the other and they were clearing out - £10.00 each :D

Still a bargain at £24.99 thought

regards

Brian

Bought one as well, as I won't have enough money to buy a decent router any time soon and something is better than nothing. I hope! There's massive piles of them in my local Aldi's, all the bits on the website, still sitting there. Bought the set of bits and the set of screwdriver bits also (I seem to loose them all the time).

deserter":r1ltkjol said:
The table however is rubbish, I would say only useful as a door stop but it wouldn't be heavy enough to work. Mine lasted 6 months before I got rid.

Having bought the cheap router on Sunday, I today decided what the heck... as Leeds York Road Aldi had got new stock, I got the router table too.

Reckon your opinion is spot on deserter, but I'm going to mount the "cast aluminium" top in a wee temporary bench that I've just built, and will beef up the fence. It only needs to last for one project in this form to pay for itself and I can hopefully use the NVR switch elsewhere... fingers crossed.

Back