Aldi Holesaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussianRouter

Established Member
Reaction score
whats them cutters like any good? was having a look half hour ago and there are two sets one for tiles and ceramics and one for wood and ferrousesmetal and plastics.

The two abour looks like it is made of good metal but the blades need a test before I buy.

:wink:

I used the 44mm to cut a hole in my pine garden table the other day and it struggled - the teeth clogged up very quickly and it didn't cut well. The finish is quite poor as well.
A forstner bit would have been easier, but I don't have one that size.

I used a hole saw the first time last week, I screwed the internal cutout of the hole to a secure base and I got a clean cut on a pillar drill, I started initially without the screw holds and it would have been a rotten cut. My cutters where freebies so quality would not have been high.

(It was on that dotty tissue box)

cambournepete":36va4is9 said:
I used the 44mm to cut a hole in my pine garden table the other day and it struggled - the teeth clogged up very quickly and it didn't cut well. The finish is quite poor as well.
A forstner bit would have been easier, but I don't have one that size.

Mine struggle, but they're much cheaper than Forstners in the larger sizes. Two things helped: going slowly so the teeth don't heat up, using a vacuum cleaner to clear the sawdust. I've never got a nice finish though - DIY use only, not cabinetmaking!

The problem that I find is clogging with sawdust. If I'm drilling horizontally or vertically from underneath then there is no problem as the sawdust is easily ejected. But drilling from above, most of the sawdust is trapped and binding/burning occurs unless i stop and vacuum out the cut very frequently.

Misterfish

Back