Aldi folding benches (Workmate type) £10 each.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been and bought two for the van. At a tenner each they're cheaper than the cheapest plastic trestles plus the added bonus of the clamp. Self assembly, but 15 mins or less should see each one off. They're thin and a bit flimsy, but that suits me, it makes them nice and light. As long as you don't expect too much from them they'll be fine. The MDF tops are only held in place with short screws so I suspect that they will pull out before long. An M8 nut and bolt countersunk into the MDF will sort it.
7.JPG
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/s ... 1-08_17-10

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 2,571
I've found that the biggest weakness and frustration causer with these is the weak braces that connect the two frames, particularly the upper ones. These almost bend in medium winds and tend to give up very quickly, making the whole things non-rigid. It'd be a good idea to replace these with something stronger, or get prepared to do it before long.

G.O, Would agree with you on the two tops. I made a pair from 4x1 treated and fitted these when the chipboard ones were done. As you say, Excellent value at a tenner!
Regards Rodders

The padded work shirts are good as well - I wear one of two I bought two years ago most of the time. They seem only to go to XL though - which is pushing it a bit, but I don't like cuffs dangling around my hands when I'm working.

Back