Aldi and Lidl offers again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
just a thumbs up - Quite a few DIY items in the stores including air tools. I don't live near either but have just noticed Aldi do a free delivery - no minimum spend. Not all items are available for delivery though.

K

Lidl's Baufix stuff is worth buying, especially the universal thinner for cleaning.

The pillar drill is a must if you have been considering one - 3 years on and mine's still excellent.

rafezetter":dux62arg said:
Lidl's Baufix stuff is worth buying, especially the universal thinner for cleaning.

The pillar drill is a must if you have been considering one - 3 years on and mine's still excellent.

Has the pillar drill got much run out? Seems very cheap but i could do with a second smaller one for my shop, for fiddly little bits and bobs.

The 420 piece o-ring set is one of those things that I am always baffled about, I just can't believe the sell any.

Fitzroy":2tlukqca said:
The 420 piece o-ring set is one of those things that I am always baffled about, I just can't believe the sell any.

I have one, they come in very handy, I have fixed several things with it.

Pete

Racers":3shy8790 said:
Fitzroy":3shy8790 said:

I have one, they come in very handy, I have fixed several things with it.

Pete

Only 418 more fixes to go then :lol:

I have one too. It constantly amazes me how I still can't find an o-ring the right size.
The many piece hose clip set, however, which also came from Aldi (I think) has come up trumps a few times.

Skipdiver - the run out on the pillar drill is barely perceptible - at least for me.

Well went to Lidl today to buy the small socket set £14.99 and walked out with... £76.00 worth of stuff lol, none of which was food - however in my defence £16 of that was 4 of the 210mm saw blades with various teeth, I know they are cheap but only intend to use them on old salvaged timber for general cuts - for £3.99 each that's a no brainer.

I have to say the multi spanner things, both of them, are pretty neat, and obviously more of the thinners and a brush set... and..... and....
(oh and yes I bought the O-Ring set LOL - but I do have a couple of places I know I can use them already.)

I got one of the park side bench sanders. Had a little play with it this afternoon.
Although I'm sure it's not as good as some that you can buy, but for my needs at the moment I'm quite pleased, very quiet and smal size which is what I need as my workshop will be small when it's done.

Rusty

Quite a few dodgy looking types down at Lidl this morning 10.a.m. Lots of bobble hats and pencils behind ears. don't think they were there for the food. I decided against the pillar drill in the end and bought the little sander which is perfect for the little curved pieces a i make. Also got the wall tool organiser thingy and some paint brushes for £40, then stopped myself buying any more. Left the store at 10.15 and when i put my sander through, the guy on the till said that it was the third at his till alone.

Back