AEG Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amrik

Reaction score
HI

I'm want to buy a router and have come across the AEG router below.

AEG Of2050 240 Volt Router 1/2In
" powerful 2050 watt motor

Anyone out there used one or know anything about them. Can you recommend one?

Amrik

It looks like a re-badged Ryobi RE601 to me, Amrik. There's nothing wrong with re-badging and AEG use some good supliers, such as Milwaukee, as well. The router will be powerful enough, but the depth control is a bit of a pain and I had to replace mine entirely when the spindle lock shattered. I couldn't repair it because it's part of the motor housing, so not cost-effective to attempt. There are better models available for that sort of price.

Ray.

Yes, this does look like the ryobi.

I have used the ryobi, which they describe as 'industrial' (thats Ryobi description) and it is quite a capable machine, certainly far better than anything else I have used of theirs. Its expensive though, isn't it? I think Argee is right - shop around!

Ryobi never really advertised these, I wonder why?

Neil

PS Ryobi, AEG, Milwaukee etc are all part of TTI industries, in Hong Kong, who are a massive outfit, but NEVER answer any of the e-mails I have sent them enquiring about their products. I suppose I am not important enough, eh? Next time I will sign off as ICI or something!

neilyweely":40lwafe1 said:
Neil

PS Ryobi, AEG, Milwaukee etc are all part of TTI industries, in Hong Kong, who are a massive outfit, but NEVER answer any of the e-mails I have sent them enquiring about their products. I suppose I am not important enough, eh? Next time I will sign off as ICI or something!

I wouldn't bother, they no longer exist, eek !! whatever happened to the old 'bellweather' ?

Busybuilder - Sorry mate, who don't exist? TTI or ICI. You mean ICI don't you? And what is a Bellweather? TTI may as well not exist for all the good they are!!!

Neil

Back