Advice on this design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonImprovements

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Being new to wood working would you experienced guys be able to tell me how this table is constructed?

Mainly looking for advice on type of wood? laminated or veneered? etc

Also the joints and how they are fixed?

Thanks in advance guys

Modern-coffee-table-with-built-in-fireplace-Fire-coffee-table-by-Axel-Schaefer-1.jpg

Attachments

• Modern-coffee-table-with-built-in-fireplace-Fire-coffee-table-by-Axel-Schaefer-1.jpg
    Modern-coffee-table-with-built-in-fireplace-Fire-coffee-table-by-Axel-Schaefer-1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 124
Well I don't normally like avante garde stuff but that is rather gorgeous.

It will probably be an MDF structure veneered in - what is it? wenge? macassar ebony?

I might just mentally bookmark that.

S

Steve Maskery":2akt4w6u said:
Well I don't normally like avante garde stuff but that is rather gorgeous.

It will probably be an MDF structure veneered in - what is it? wenge? macassar ebony?

I might just mentally bookmark that.

S

I did think it would be veneered. Where would you go to buy such veneer? (online) done a quick google search but not really found much

not really my thing. If I was to make it, I would do it through torsion box construction. Capital crispin would sell you the veneer, but it looks deceivingly simple to construct- there will be more to it than there seems.

good luck though.

+1 for Capital Crispin. But. They don't suffer fools gladly, so you have to know exactly what you want when you ring up. It's no use saying "I want to build a coffee table, can you help?" You'll be given short shrift.

That's what Forums are for :)

S

To take the abuse of someone sitting on the canter levered top, I believe you will find a simple steel core that has been over sheeted in something like veneered 9mm or 12mm MDF.

Back