Abranet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNC Paul

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Abranet sanding sheets with sanding block that has an extraction hose, they work really well especially on pre-cat and AC lacquer, I found the extraction also extends the life of the abrasive. The downside is the cost, the abrasive from Screwdfix are £8.99 for 10 sheets, Tilgear have them with a greater range of grit for £2.94 for 10 sheets, up to 2 Feb they also have free postage.

Ebay. I've bought the 150mm discs for £10-£12 a box of 50. The rectangular ones are on there too at times.

lemonjeff":36ryo46i said:
Paul have you used these on any water based or oil based finishes, any good? What grades do you use?

Jeff.

I have used them on pre-cat primer and oil based eggshell, they last far longer than normal abrasives and give an excellent finish with 120, 180 and 240G

Just a quick tip, I write the grade on the back if the sheets in thick felt tip. This makes it easier to select the right grade, as the normal markings wear away.

One of the advantages of being a member of a woodturning club. They buy in bulk so the members don't have to. Can't remember the price but when I last checked I couldn't buy 10 sheets much cheaper (if at all).

Dave

Latest posts

Back