A todays screw up was…

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulrbarnard

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I’m rushing to get a cabinet built for my daughters bathroom so was in a rush last night to get the doors drilled out for the hinges. I use an LR32 rail for this so it’s pretty quick and fool proof, well it is if you don’t act the fool.

I switched the end stops on the rail to get the right vertical spacing. Put the edge guides on, clamped the rail and bish bosh drilled out the holes for the hinge cups. Repeat for the other three doors and jobs a good un. I was at this point smugly congratulating myself on my speed and efficiency.

I went to fit the first hinge only to discover I had completely forgotten to change the spacing on the edge guides 🤦‍♂️. Eight holes in the wrong place.

I’m all for a quick fix so decided to simply drill more holes in the right place. I’ve even seen some commercial doors with double holes.

Well browned off with my self I went ahead and drilled the new holes in the right place, weeeelll almost all the holes. Like a complete pillock I actually managed to drop the pin in to the wrong hole on one of the doors, despite lovely colour coded marking on the rail to tell me which holes I needed to use. It was a bad evening all round. Rather than make a complete new door I chiselled out around the offending holes in the totally butchered door and patched them. The glue was dry this morning so I drilled the final door and thankfully the cabinet seems none the worse for it all.

I’m rushing to get a cabinet built for my daughters bathroom so was in a rush last night to get the doors drilled out for the hinges. I use an LR32 rail for this so it’s pretty quick and fool proof, well it is if you don’t act the fool.

I switched the end stops on the rail to get the right vertical spacing. Put the edge guides on, clamped the rail and bish bosh drilled out the holes for the hinge cups. Repeat for the other three doors and jobs a good un. I was at this point smugly congratulating myself on my speed and efficiency.

I went to fit the first hinge only to discover I had completely forgotten to change the spacing on the edge guides 🤦‍♂️. Eight holes in the wrong place.

I’m all for a quick fix so decided to simply drill more holes in the right place. I’ve even seen some commercial doors with double holes.

Well browned off with my self I went ahead and drilled the new holes in the right place, weeeelll almost all the holes. Like a complete pillock I actually managed to drop the pin in to the wrong hole on one of the doors, despite lovely colour coded marking on the rail to tell me which holes I needed to use. It was a bad evening all round. Rather than make a complete new door I chiselled out around the offending holes in the totally butchered door and patched them. The glue was dry this morning so I drilled the final door and thankfully the cabinet seems none the worse for it all.
Now where you went wrong is you did not use your lazer cnc

Back