A news years tip.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeddedhed

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been jigsawing some ply to make some profiled webs for a project.
Here's the tip....
If your jigsaw like mine has a patented line obscuring device and regular puffs are needed to reveal said line, don't take a deep breath to fill your lungs ready for a monster dust clearing blow when your gob is down in the puffing position.

I've just swallowed a handful of ply shavings/dust and nearly choked up a bo££ock!!

I suppose its all roughage though!

Hi

Know the problem well I do a lot of built in work with MDF and the tool that produces most dust is the jigsaw even connected to a dust extractor, makes scribing face frames to uneven walls a real pain when you can't see line. I keep a little puffer made from a tennis ball in the jigsaw box now.

Gavin

Gavin,
I have to say that i didn't expect a frivolous post like mine to produce such a good idea.
After reading your reply I went and nicked one of the kids tennis balls, and a few stabs with a bradawl later and hey presto!!
Utter genius - thanks!

Pete

Zeddedhed":393qfnf2 said:
Here's the tip....
If your jigsaw like mine has a patented line obscuring device and regular puffs are needed to reveal said line, don't take a deep breath to fill your lungs ready for a monster dust clearing blow when your gob is down in the puffing position.

I've just swallowed a handful of ply shavings/dust and nearly choked up a bo££ock!!

Isn't that how you recognise a woodworker? Fudgey bogeys?
Darned good idea about the tennis ball though.

nivag the tool":1k46nzus said:
Hi

Know the problem well I do a lot of built in work with MDF and the tool that produces most dust is the jigsaw even connected to a dust extractor, makes scribing face frames to uneven walls a real pain when you can't see line. I keep a little puffer made from a tennis ball in the jigsaw box now.

Gavin
Duly noted in whats left of the brainbox :)Thanks.

wellywood":k9t60tk8 said:
Zeddedhed":k9t60tk8 said:
Here's the tip....

Thats a great name for a common ailment among woodworkers Pete, you can also tell woodworkers by the bald patches on the fore arms in the chisel sharpening season.
Gavin

nivag the tool":d1bkz580 said:
wellywood":d1bkz580 said:
Zeddedhed":d1bkz580 said:
Here's the tip....

Thats a great name for a common ailment among woodworkers Pete, you can also tell woodworkers by the bald patches on the fore arms in the chisel sharpening season.
Gavin

Don't mention sharpening! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Back