A new entry from Italy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":3npgofsk said:
Alex
Is Treviso the place famed for its gigantic lemons? The ones the size of a football? I think I've been there. Very nice.

Also do you get LegnoLab? I used to write for them in my previous life, and I have couple of new articles for them in the pipeline soon. I wish I could write in Italian. I do have Italian OCN Level 2, but I've not used it for a long time, and it's a case of use it or lose it. I can still remember more of the French I learned at school than the Italian I learned 15 years ago. So I write in English and Legnolab translate.
One day I shall be fluent. Yeah, right. :(
:)

Steve, if you want I can teach italian to you and you can teach english to me...hahaha (lol in the new generation language...)
Treviso is famous for the beautiful women...may be you remember other type of lemons :lol: :lol:
Big lemons (giants lemons) are in Garda lake area, no so far from Treviso.....(now I am serious)....
One question: I am working about new jig for woodworking, may I ship to you (free, of course...) for your opinion? I think in a month....
regards

Mike.S":1l9o9lwh said:
Alex

My kitchen clock comes from Pordenone, not far from Treviso :D .

In a past job I used to travel to that area regularly: to Treviso (to see the colourful wooly jumper family), Pordenone (washing machine family) and then head for the Dolomites (spectacle frame manufacturer). Beautiful. Not at all envious (that's British irony).

Mike (one of the other Mikes)

Mike, Pordenone is about 60 km from Treviso and Treviso is not so far from Dolomites. Treviso is in a lucky position. Last August I I found spectacular and excellent mushrooms (porcini) in Dolomites area. Italy is very nice...but also Great Britain is very very nice...

My front door bell was bought in Verona, if we are scoring points... :)

Alex: Yes to the language swap! Excellent idea. And Skype makes it easy.

I started to have a conversation with a young musician chap from Roma, but I discovered that he was teaching me only swear words...

Steve Maskery":1z1sgo2u said:

Alex: Yes to the language swap! Excellent idea. And Skype makes it easy.

I started to have a conversation with a young musician chap from Roma, but I discovered that he was teaching me only swear words...

Hahaha, people of Roma is crazy....there is our parliament....

If lessons in Italian are in the offing then count me in, although I think I should aspire to your lapsed standard Steve, rather than Alex's. I can't get enough of Italy, been twice this year, second visit to Venice last year. I'd love to be able to hold a basic conversation rather than just form questions, but as a shift worker I'm unable to commit to any evening classes etc., and computerised learning can be OK but more important jobs always seem to compete for your time.

Re. the big lemons, I saw some huge ones in Sorrento earlier this year, where the Limoncello comes from. :eek:ccasion5:

Steve Maskery":3f9ny12p said:
Now who's scoring points - i don't even have a door bell :D

Ah, it might have been Sorrento, my brain isn't what it once was.
But they were very memorable lemons...

In Florence once we saw a well presented young lady walking down the street, unencubered by foundation garments. Otherwise she was very expensively dressed. One of our female party commented that if she could afford such a dress you would have thought she could have afforded a bra...

We chaps didn't mind that she was so poor...

There's something about the way Italian women present themselves, maybe it's a confidence thing, but I think that a lot of women who might otherwise seem a little plain often look quite ........attractive. Think Nigella.

Nigella! Oh, please no! I love cooking and I'm heterosexual. But Nigella is just the most fake woman I've ever had to endure on the media. Did you listen to her on Woman's Hour last week? Jeni Murray (another ghastly woman) was fawning over her and both of them were talking absolute ********.

Steve Maskery":36i5ieti said:
Did you listen to her on Woman's Hour last week?

Errr....... no.

But do you understand what I'm trying, delicately, to say; without being too sexist on an open forum. [I don't like to offend ..unintentionally] A large part of what makes a woman attractive is confidence, rather than a skin and bones figure and perfect skin.
I'm sure this must work the opposite way for men etc. [in the interests of thingy..]

Steve Maskery":pnolptq3 said:
Nigella! Oh, please no! I love cooking and I'm heterosexual. But Nigella is just the most fake woman I've ever had

Are you serious :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The fumes from the paint must be affecting your judgement Steven, shame on you :lol:

monkeybiter":1sms4ce6 said:
If lessons in Italian are in the offing then count me in, although I think I should aspire to your lapsed standard Steve, rather than Alex's. I can't get enough of Italy, been twice this year, second visit to Venice last year. I'd love to be able to hold a basic conversation rather than just form questions, but as a shift worker I'm unable to commit to any evening classes etc., and computerised learning can be OK but more important jobs always seem to compete for your time.

Re. the big lemons, I saw some huge ones in Sorrento earlier this year, where the Limoncello comes from. :eek:ccasion5:

Mike, I have the same problem with English language..... :oops:

Back