A lurkers hello!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSM.

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been shamelessly browsing your forum for a long time now and thought I had better show my face to thank you for all the interesting topics, work, opinions and knowledge. hopefully I can also contribute something to the discussions.

Some of you I had the pleasure of meeting at the previous MAC timbers open day, and seeing the excellent tools brought along was a real delight.

I would also like to thank you for all the kind things said about my work, you've made me feel like I'm on the right track :)

Oliver Sparks

Welcome Oliver.
It was very good to meet you at MAC Timbers and see your excellent planes. I hope you will treat us to WIP thread soon.

How spooky is that!

I just - 2minutes ago - followed a link from Adam Riley to your website and then your post appeared on here.

Welcome aboard, I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.

Hi Oliver

I really liked your planes at MAC timbers fantastic work.

Pete

Hello at last Oliver...it was a true pleasure to see you at MAC...I am still fascinated by that low angle coffin plane...wonderful stuff and thanks for taking out time to explain how it's made...I think you should post some of your pieces for those who may not be familiar with your work and if you have time...perhaps and explanation on how they are built and what inspired you.

Great to see you here...contribute away!

Jimi

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and kind words.

MAC's was a great day, the quality of tools brought along was outstanding, though at one point I feared Richards bench would overflow!

I may post some WIP's in the future, but maybe only the ones made for keeps and experimental models, in keeping with forum rules and with Mods permissions of course. One upon a time blogging seemed like a good idea but turns I'm properly rubbish at it keeping it up to date! There will be updates on the website from time to time, maybe that would be a better place for projects to go..

Thanks again

Oh by the way, with the exception of my other half and parents, everybody calls me Ollie :wink:

Back