A joke, surely?????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
This has got to be a joke, right????? I know LN's have a "collectors" value, but this is ridiculous.

Wonder if he/she will sell it? :duno:

Cheers

Karl

Is it so expensive due to the fact that it comes from a smoke and pet free house :? :? :?

Harry

On a second look it is on the American site and believe it or not I have seen recent stanley No 4 and 5's being sold for over 500 dollars :shock: :shock:

Harry

I kind off see where she is going here, and it's not the pet bit or the smoke free. But how if you live in the states can you call your self smoke free!!!!!!!!!. As I see it the plane is no. 250 out of 500. So here we go. Its half way of 500 :? , ok andddd wait for it............... 25th anniversary, take the 0 off 250. :? No. :x I think that she thinks, that we don't think what she thinks, that we would like to think. :roll:

Well I'm not saying I would pay that price, but I do know several LN Anniversary 4.5's have sold for what would appear to be stupidly high prices before. Can't remember the exact values they went for, but I remember thinking it was ridiculous when I've seen them before.

Cheers, Ed

Well if someone wants to buy my Anniversary #4 1/2 of me for this much cash just drop me a pm.......... :twisted:
Philly :D

I hope she manages to sell it.

It will justify my belief that there is 'One born every minute!'

I felt that way when I first considered ordering a Holtey. All that stopped me was the fact that I would be frightened to take it out of the box!

But even I would zip up my purse at that opening bid!

:D

Philly,
I am sure they would prefer my one as it has never been used as I, apparently, never make anything..... 8) :lol: :lol:
Serious money if it goes though, my bet is it will be unsold.
Martin

amazing to think what it will be worth in another 25yrs time

and if those planes really are changing hands for that sort of money, then maybe I will become a collector

mahking51":3bsz53yl said:
Philly,
I am sure they would prefer my one as it has never been used as I, apparently, never make anything..... 8) :lol: :lol:
Serious money if it goes though, my bet is it will be unsold.
Martin

Darn - that'll teach me to go using it :roll: :lol:
Philly :D

wizer":jsw5uxbp said:

and if those planes really are changing hands for that sort of money, then maybe I will become a collector

Just because they are collectable now does not mean that they will be in 25 years time. I wonder how much people's expensive beany baby collectinos are worth now...

frugal":wa6kkxy0 said:
wizer":wa6kkxy0 said:

Just because they are collectable now does not mean that they will be in 25 years time. I wonder how much people's expensive beany baby collectinos are worth now...

Good one! There is some justice in the world...

oh wow I remember that craze!

But then how precious is a 50yr old original Stanley? Furthermore, how much would it be worth if it was a limited edition special? Is woodworking going to go out of fashion? Or more specifically, is the desirability of planes in the world of woodworking ever going to diminish? Hardly. I'd say the only way a special edition LN plane could not raise in value is if they mass produced that plane unchanged for the next 25/50/100yrs. Even then, age always puts value on something like this surely?

Back