A bit of fun with wood.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more odds and ends.

My daughter is now nearly 15yrs old, yet she still wanted to play with this a few weeks ago. :)

lxn6.jpg

g3nv.jpg

fmmo.jpg

These were made from wood that I pulled from the bonfire over at the sawmill.

4u8b.jpg

l2if.jpg

p2py.jpg

Legs were sadly too short!

ldxf.jpg

A fun nest box.

1dth.jpg

Some oak gates and posts.

3zie.jpg

85td.jpg

3i4t.jpg

Mega swing

z4p9.jpg

Some house signs.

aib9.jpg

And one of two fold up bean pole systems.

puad.jpg

Hi Eddie

thanks for sharing your amazing artwork with us. It's refreshing to see something a little different to the normal stuff and just what can be achieved with some imagination ( and skill)

I love the mouse tea light - it's given me some ideas for Christmas presents!

Could you tell me what the carving blade is in your Makita angle grinder and where it can be purchased.

Many thanks bignomis.

The disc is a 'Holey Galahad'. They are pretty expensive for what they are, but I was able to justify buying them as I also use them for cleaning up the tennons and half laps on my oak framing.

I have all three discs, coarse, medium and fine, but the fine and medium are just a waste of time for me on oak. They sadly clog up in seconds.

I'm not sure where I bought them from at the moment, but will try and find the receipts tomorrow.

Unlike in this video, I would never use any of the tools without wearing chainsaw gloves. It isn't worth the risk.

http://youtu.be/ZMw25V69t8E

Hi Eddie

Thanks for the info & video on Holey Gallahad - I've found them at Classic Hand Tools and as you say they are not cheap but it does look as though it could be a really useful bi of kit. I've already got the Arbotech tungsten tipped carver for the angle grinder and it looks like the Holey Gallahad would be ideal to use after the rough work has been done with the Arbotech. I would be interested to learn how useful you think the Arbotech mini carver is.

Thanks for the extra Christmas ideas.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back