UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Brian,
I have same problem so got a motor bike neck thingie don't know what they are called but pull it over your head and cover nose and mouth , does not cause fogging.

It's a bit like the old army cap comforters but a very fine material---- worth a try ?

John

Claymore":sdhayd8h said:
. I bought a rubber facemask with cannisters but my glasses still steam up.
Cheers
Brian

I also bought a rubber mask, but only wear it with my wife....... and my goggles do....DEFINITELY steam up !!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

When I sand with my Dremel I have a solution. I use a Henry cleaner to extract dust. I took a 2 liter bottle, cut out in half and talked the top half to the end of the Henry pipe. This makes a funnel that gulps up the dust, seems to work really well with this and also with my belt and disk sander if I use a clamp to hold it in place.

Can definitely recommend 3m 6000 series masks, comes in different sizes, and fits well enough that doesn't fog up my glasses (and I put on reading glasses on top of my seeing glasses :shock: )
If you hunt online, you should be able to find one that comes with particulate filters attached for about £16

Brian.

I have tried many face masks from inexpensive use and throw away types, to expensive replaceable cartridge types, and have not found one, that I feel comfortable with, glasses fogging being one of the most annoying problems, rebreathing hot breath and generally uncomfortable to use for long periods.

I have now used for a long time, a Jet AFS – 500 air filtration unit, for general air filtration and it runs all of the time I am in the workshop, plus an AWED 2 extractor/collection unit which I connect to various tools as required or an open ended 100mm hose close to the work being sanded or cut.

Both these units have induction motors, so a very long service life, and not over noisy.

I obtained both the above from Axminster Tools.

Disclaimer, I have no connection what so ever with Axminster, other than a very satisfied customer many times over (more times than I tell my long haired boss). :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

Back