18v Ryobi One+ Range - 2013

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick81

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anybody familiar with the Ryobi One+ Range currently on sale in B&Q?

I am in the market for a few new power tools - drill, jiggy, circ.saw, impact driver etc. This 18v battery range seems reasonable at first inspection. Is Ryobi gear generally well made to mild/medium duty use?

Ive looked around the net/forums and found a few comments on this which seem to be generally positive, though mostly from 2008 time. Can anybody offer their opinions on a more recent experience?

#light-medium user.

I have a number of Ryobi tools from a table saw to some One+ gear and found them all to be good quality and more than strong enough for hobby use.

(My current Ryobi isn't 2013's - prolly late 2011 fwiw)

I use Ryobi 18v at 'work' - the impact driver and 3 speed drill are surprisingly good. For comparision I have 18v 3 speed dewalt combi drill, it was only marginally better than the ryobi - I say was because it has developed a couple of faults despite seeing less use than the Ryobi, the Ryobi sees daily use and abuse and has been worked far beyond its design (110mm holes through shipping container walls) yet hasn't failed (so far!). I had the two speed Ryobi combi drill before that and it lasted about 3 years.

The jigsaw is rubbish, end of. Circular saw is good for me, but I mostly cut 1/4" sheets and the odd bit of 1/2" with it - if I'm cutting a lot of thicker stuff then I break out a corded saw. I have the recip saw and it works quite well but eats batteries.

If you want to go with this range you must get the 2.4ah li-ion batteries, the smaller li-ions and ni-cads are a waste of space. I noticed in a shop this week that they now do a 4.0ah li-ion battery. Havent tried one yet.

Oh I also have the old blue radio, I use an old knackered ni-cad batt in it - lasts for a day or two on one charge.

HTH

I've had a Ryobi +1 drill for just over a year. The chuck is rubbish (very little grip) and the batteries are dead as dodos after not-very-heavy use. It isn't a brand-name I'll be buying again...

Back