UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samfire":2o7axhpd said:
Great piece of work. I think he's saying he wants to go walkies.
Sam

Not with that Aldi clamp on his knee.

Nice work on the dog. Can't wait to see the otter.

That looks really good ! The nose looks really life like. I kinda wanna push it to see if it barks :)

Coley

101% brilliant, I don't know how you do it!

The fantastic item you made for us when we lost our GSD has pride of place on my study mantle-piece where it is admired every single day, it really is treasured by us.

Claymore":zluea77k said:
Cheers John! glad you like the surprise :) and great to see you back on here.....have you done anymore videos yet or any planned? I will be revisiting your video on making boards for projects as I am very slowly getting more organised and Ruth got me some of the large clamps and I have loads of Beech/Oak etc to glue up for the large projects. I am also ordering an Excalibur EX30 saw for cutting the very long pieces I need to make, I am making some Otters for a customer on the Isle of Mull.

Another very important thing I need to sort is dust extraction in the workshop, I create tons of dust and it gets everywhere so I really need to get my act together and sort it. I have a couple of cyclones linked to shop vacs but they are useless on my bandsaw/bench belt sander and thicknesser so they need 100mm hose instead of the 50mm I currently use..... its a major task so need to plan it correctly this time.
Cheers
Brian

Thanks Brian, I have not done any videos recently nor been on here, we have had a dreadful time during 2016, in March I lost my uncle (a woodworker who I was really close too) then as you know our lovely GSD passed away suddenly in June then to finish my mother passed away suddenly a few weeks ago and we had to clear out her council bungalow for the next tenant which was both difficult and stressful, so have not had much time on my hands.

I do have lot's of ideas for more instructional videos.

I have to be honest I didn't think my youtube videos would be of interest to anyone and only really started on them to test out my camera, I was both surprised and highly delighted to find that people found them of interest.

You mentioned dust collection for a belt sander; you might find some interest in how to make your own system in my video where I explain my belt sander dust collection. https://youtu.be/xhqV-m9ZmqI

Back