UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that impressed me the most was that the blade didn't break at the weld. Obviously 'Made in China' or summat?

I want one! :shock:

How would one set the guide blocks? There won't be much gutter to go at.

@Claymore Making your own bandsaw seems a tad extreme, I'd be interested to know more about that if you decide to progress it.

Phill

Doh! Sorry, I've realised now it is the whole machine not just the blade!

Still want one, but at 2000 euros I think I'll be wanting one for some time...

Brian, your corian bearing suggestion makes more sense to me now but how would you go on with the blade length?

Phill

I am thinking that is perfect combination with scroll saw. Sometime i have project which have small internal cuts and long outside cuts and scroll saw is to slow for that. On german side the price is 1300 euros. As someone mentioned that the main consider is the blades. On playwood thick 12mm i have to change blades on my scroll saw every hour. If blades for this Pegas saw are to expencive than it is expencive cutting. We know where the prices of our product are

Claymore":1whuzonn said:
aye Naz it would be very useful for my Intarsia work as there's very few internal cuts but will wait until price comes down before buying one, the main thing is how long the blades would last cutting 1 1/2" Oak
I am tempted to design my own saw and get some very narrow blades made for it, You could make your wheels from Corian as you can cut it and rout it and then bond some bearings in.
Something to think about over winter :cool:

Brian

Couldn't you use a bandsaw and adapt the guide blocks? Guide blocks could be corian with small slit.
Internal cuts be a little difficult, if you needed to do them.

Brian

I see they have paired Bearing guides grooved to suit each blade type, so dependant on blade preferences more than one set of guides will be needed.
€77.90 a pair and the blade €23-27 each, not altogether impossible to modify an existing saw to handle them but a rather expensive niche setup for all but someone bent on high output production.

https://www.dictum.com/en/tools/power-t ... s-2-pieces

A set of the bearings with grooves to match a more conventional/cheaper thin blade material thickness may be viable for Bandsaw box production.

small details

02_laubsaege_bandsaege.jpg

The Carter Stabilizers are expensive once you all the shipping costs and the import duty, but they are very good indeed and keeps the blade verticle on it's own. However, the blades look very interesting and I was wondering if they could make longer blades, to fit the BS400 for instance (3378mm)

I have the Stabilizer but the finest blade I have used so far is 1/8" from Tuffsaw. It would be good to try something even smaller, just to see what it can do on a larger saw.
Think I may try and make contact and see.

Malcolm

finneyb":r4k9i54s said:
Just looked at the Carter stabilizer - an impressive video http://www.carterproducts.com/band-saw- ... emo-videos

When I Google bandsaw blade stabilizer - there is nothing else but Carter - which probably explains the price for such a simple device.
Maybe Axminster could produce something

They aren't difficult to make. I made one for my BS300E. I bought a bearing with a snap ring groove in it, it's not central but it still works.

woodpig":38z13l6h said:
finneyb":38z13l6h said:
Just looked at the Carter stabilizer - an impressive video http://www.carterproducts.com/band-saw- ... emo-videos

When I Google bandsaw blade stabilizer - there is nothing else but Carter - which probably explains the price for such a simple device.
Maybe Axminster could produce something

They aren't difficult to make. I made one for my BS300E. I bought a bearing with a snap ring groove in it, it's not central but it still works.

Picture would be useful; and where did you get the bearing or name/no etc.

Brian

Latest posts

Back