Tool Station delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispy

Established Member
Reaction score
Order placed online 12.09 Sunday didn't receive my goods in the post until 8.30am Monday, disgusting service I blame the referendum myself! =D>

Chrispy":3nj0es9m said:
Order placed online 12.09 Sunday didn't receive my goods in the post until 8.30am Monday, disgusting service I blame the referendum myself! =D>
I've had similar problems with Toolstation, the worst was when I went to my local Toolstation counter and bought some nails for my nail gun, when I got home I found they had given me the wrong size, I rang their sales number and explained what had happened, was told a pack of the size I wanted would be sent out FOC ( received them the following morning), what about the wrong pack given to me over the counter? was told 'keep them as its our mistake'! Needless to say I always check what I've bought 'just incase like', superb service.

Baldhead

Edit - My experience happened long before the referendum.

Bought a 5 pack of LED lamps out of desperation for a job in Swindon, one of them was faulty out of the box, not a problem I thought, I'll bring that one back to a store closer to home when I am next visiting.

Popped into the new branch n Weston Super Mare and was told I would have to return to whole pack, not just the faulty one. That's not on (I said), that's a 150 mile round trip, not going to happen.

I asked to buy another pack and was refused as I was "clearly going to swap out the faulty one in that pack and return them" to which I said "yes, of course I'm going to do that".

Popped outside the store to ring the customer service number who agreed that banning me from buying was a bit silly, so they posted me an entire box of lamps instead FOC. I told them I didn't want them, but regardless, I now have a full box of them I don't want, not just one faulty one.

I shouldn't moan, but that's a daft policy.

I find TS excellent
Never had to return anything but its comforting to know they are good in that respect too

Assume everyone is aware its owned by the chap who started screwfix.

lurker":3g1ewqw9 said:
I find TS excellent
Never had to return anything but its comforting to know they are good in that respect too

No, it's now owned by Travis Perkins.

Which is why there are a few Toolstation/Wickes crossover promotions going on.

Think it was the Screwfix chap's "nephew" started it up, since the Screwfix chap would certainly have signed something or other that prevented him from starting up a similar outfit after selling up to B&Q originally. Was the rumour at the time anyway.

No, it's the son - the time out contract couldn't have been long, as it was only four years between the sale and the new company. I remember buying from them when their ads. were one page. (of course it could have bee Jon G. W. acting in his son's name)

Tool Station, delivery/customer service =D> =D> =D> =D> .

Just wish medical supply companies would take note. :evil:

Chris.

phil.p":2a04fze0 said:
My doctor's and pharmacy are pretty hot - I'll get a call from hospital podiatry in the morning telling me I have an infection and the antibiotics will be in my letterbox by teatime.

Phil.

My doctor and connected pharmacy are very good, but a number of other medical suppliers I have to deal with have poor service and that’s putting it politely. Snag is they all have a monopoly on the particular products they supply.

Chris.

Toolstation have a huge advantage with just a £10 order required for free delivery.

Although they have a good range of materials, there tools can sometimes be carp, especially the silverline ranges.

Screwfix sell their badged titan tools, which can be amazing value for money and are even sometimes better tools than the major brands.

I went to my local Toolstation in Redditch last week and just as I'd got out of the car and started walking to the door everybody came out of the building. Oh, how nice i thought they've all come out to say hello. Nah!, no chance, turned out the fire alarm had gone off and everybody had to be evacuated from the premises. Must have been a good half hour before we were allowed in and I only went there to get some brad nails for my nailer!!!

Wuffles":227x6pa7 said:
lurker":227x6pa7 said:
I find TS excellent

No, it's now owned by Travis Perkins.

Thanks I did not know that.
Pity TP don't adopt their ethos

I suspect that Screwfix have agreements with some of their major suppliers for exclusivity and that prevents TS from stocking some of the same brands. I do find myself going to Screwfix over TS but not for any specific reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back