Dewalt 320 radial

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wightbees

Reaction score
I would like to say hello to you all as I'm new to this forum. I have just gotten hold of a old Dewalt and I'm in need of fixing a few things before I can use it. I have got the manual from the web which answers most questions but I'm stuck with the term Yoke and how it is used? I notice there is a small push in lever on the top left, which is to lock the saw in position I feel but when pushing this button in, do I, pull, push of something on this Yoke lever ??? This is to turn the saw into rip position.
Thank you if you can make sense of this lol :shock:

Hello, and welcome to the Forum.

I have a different model, but I hope it is similar enough to yours for the following to be of some help.

To change the saw orientation from cross-cut to rip cut (for example):

Raise the arm so that the saw blade clears the table.
Pull the Yoke Clamp Lever on the right hand side towards you. This releases the clamp.

Yoke Clamp.jpg

Press in the Yoke detent lever on the left hand side and use the handle to rotate the yoke. Once you've rotated the saw a few degrees release the Yoke detent lever.

Yoke Detent.jpg

Once the Yoke has been rotated 90 degrees the detent mechanism should latch into the new position.
Tighten the Yoke Clamp Lever by pushing it away from you.

Jack

Attachments

• Yoke Clamp.jpg
    Yoke Clamp.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Yoke Detent.jpg
    Yoke Detent.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 124
Thank you for taking the time to post pic's. I am wondering if I have a lever missing? I have one in the under side which is central with a nut holding it in place? Taken photo but don't seem to be able to attach it?

The parts diagram for the DeWalt 320 appears to show the Yoke Clamp Lever on that model is in the form of a flat spanner (part 51 in the diagram).

From your description and photo I think that is what you have.

DeWalt 320 partial diagram.jpg

Jack

Attachments

• DeWalt 320 partial diagram.jpg
    DeWalt 320 partial diagram.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 91
Thank you , yes this lever is there but must be stuck. So, does anyone have any ideas on how to release it? I have sprayed wd40 on to the nuts as the washer under needs replacing. I think maybe I going to be busy fixing rather than building! but it cost very little and runs very smooth for cross cuts, so I'm hoping it will be worth the effort

Good that you've managed to free the yoke clamp.
If you use the saw for rip-cuts remember to use the ant-kickback feet on the back of the blade guard (assuming you saw has these), and also remember to lock the yoke in the desired position along the arm. :oops:
Jack

Yes I do have kick back foot but to be honest I need to see how these saws are used correctly as I have no idea. Thank you for the help

Thanks, I have some setting up to do now and some small repairs. Got to get a new O ring as the one above the Yoke lever has fallen to bits whilst trying to remove it. Next I need a new on/off switch as this one only works whilst holding the switch in, surely this is not right? Then setting up the blade to square and maybe a new blade. Slowly getting there though :)
Very grateful for the help given.

Latest posts

Back