Favour from a beginner (or expert if they fancy it) turner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otter

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all. A little cheeky request if I may. I have a little project that requires a small amount of turning but I do not own a lathe and, much as I would like one, buying one is not in the realms of reality just yet. So I was wondering if someone would like a small little project/excuse to practice their turning.

I am after two of these with the following dimensions:

[img]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac157/richlatter/Mobile Uploads/image_zpshgpkaat7.jpeg[/img]

Length of stalk - 35-40mm
Diameter of stalk - 18.5mm (the only critical dimension)
Height of head - 22mm
Diameter of head - 35mm

It can be from any hardwood you like, from anything you have lying around. They don't have to be absolutely identical, although the base of the head needs to be fairly flat. I will of course pay any postage and it is not urgent by any means.

If anyone fancies it, let me know via here. Thanks very much, here's hoping someone will be kind enough to help

Since you are only a few miles from me I will do this for you if you want to pop me some wood of your choice over. I might have some cherry lying around of suitable dimension. However, I can't do it for a week or two as I am inundated with relatives staying. By the way, the easiest way to do this is to make it as one piece with a head at each end a barrel between, then you cut it as you wish.

That'd be great, thanks. in a couple of weeks would be fine - as I said, there's no rush at all. Cherry might be really nice, although again, the type is not important at all. I'll gie you a shout in April and maybe we can sort something out. Thanks very much.

Otter, I picked up a piece of spalted beech to do this for you as I was in Timberline anyway last week. I didn't have any cherry that was suitable (all large pieces).

Back