spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvmsheds

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi am new member interesting in buying a used spindle moulder am thinkingof either a charnwood w030 or a scheppach fh330as any one information on either good or bad ,as i have not used a spindle moulder.The woodwork is my hobby.thanks Bernard

Hello and welcome, Until an owner for the Charnwood comes forward, I'll give my 10 pennyworth.
There have been a couple of charnwood buyers left a little disgruntled with their purchase, but they were saw benches, I think, which needed some fettling to improve their performance. Search Charnwood, on here to find it.
If I was you' I'd want to try one but I have to say if you get the drum sander, router shaft and with the sliding carriage, all in, it seems a good buy,as regards extra's but what price?
I presume you've seen this vid for the Charnie?
The sheppach, I always liked, Had The HM 260 combo,for some time now still going strong, A bit basic for some but very capable machine i found, always good from day one.
Unless you need to burn the Ackers, I'd be inclined to get the scheppach, 'cos their good and reliable and also cheap second hand.
A Cutterblock will cosy around £100 for a current safety block and euro spec, as the cutters are plentiful, etc
At around £15 - £18 for a set of balancers and limiters, Scott and sargent seem very helpful and competetive on price too!, There are other suppliers
Here's a vid on safety, I suggest you get trained if possible, Peter Sefton, who is on here, does training course's, There's also the HSE website to look at, so there's no excuse to lose fingers or worse And don't forget there are others around you too! HTH Regards Rodders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Kqxl1P3EY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgdX_eQu_Lk

Thanks Rodders great information and videos I will let you know how I get on .Regards Bernard

I've had a look at the charnwood in their showroom and thought it looked pretty well built.

hi thanks for that i fancy the scheppach fh33 suitable for my small workshop wondered if any one had one

Back