Home made Festool quick clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skronk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought 2 Irwin 300mm clamps from Screwfix (£9.99 at the time) as I wanted to try this. Works remakably well. I am not a metalworker, but these certainly do the business on my Festool rail. Don't have a MFT3 so don't know how it would go in the holes ? Track does not move.

Even at todays price of £12 for 2 clamps its still more than £50 cheaper than Festool quick clamp prices.

Cheers

Attachments

• SDC10456.jpg
    SDC10456.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 304
  • SDC10455.jpg
    SDC10455.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 304
Roughcut":jzufxroy said:
Looks like a good solution.
I already bought the Festool clamps........ :oops:

Easily and cheaply done Roughcut. I only bought my saw on a whim, as I really need it like a hole in the head and did not fancy another £60-£70 outlay for clamps.

Are you happy with your Festool track saw though Skronk?
Im well impressed with mine, and connected to a decent extractor there is virtually no dust whatsoever when I've cut mdf.
Much better than my old circular saw. :D

Roughcut":31luwt73 said:
Im well impressed with mine, and connected to a decent extractor there is virtually no dust whatsoever when I've cut mdf.

Shame to say... :oops: I have only opened box to see all is there. I have cut nothing yet !!!
I only bought it because it was highly reviewed and I had some money to burn !!
Great service from Miles Tool Centre Yeovil. It came on Wednesday after order on Monday ( great service to where I live)

Might give it a play over the weekend.

Roughcut":klsfp4en said:

Yes, very happy. Mind you, if I set up saw with its own rail and guides I can achieve 90 deg cuts no problem. If I substitute the back rail for for the Axy dogs, my 90 deg cuts become 89.8 deg.
So either the table holes or the dogs must be off. No major biggy though. Disappointing mind you.

Back