UK stockists for decorative box hinges and latch/catches

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slidgeman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm busy starting to make baby keepsake boxes and am struggling to find a UK stockist of decorative hinges and latch/catches. The boxes are approx 36cm x 27cm x12cm, so would imagine I would need hinges about 60/70mm and a reasonable sized catch. Can anyone recommend a supplier in the UK please?

Thanx,

Doug.

Hi,

Please forgive me being a bit forward as a new member, I have just started an online business called Prokraft (dot co, dot uk - I can't post links apparently), technically it does not open until tomorrow, but actually it is live. I carry a small range at present but it is expanding - slowly.

There is also a picture in the gallery of a commission keepsake box I made for a customer if it is of interest.

I would at the very least be grateful for some feedback on my site as I don't think anyones actually seen it yet.

Kind regards

Jon

Jon,

jonwhateley":3gmr49oi said:
I would at the very least be grateful for some feedback on my site as I don't think anyones actually seen it yet.

If you click on Product Range/Clock Kits and then on the first clock on the left it doesn't show you a larger image, instead it starts listing bottle openers.

Personally, I don't like the black background.

Sorry I couldn't be positive.

Neil

Doug,
I would have thought that 60mm - 70mm might be a little on the large size for a keepsake box?
Both the Smart Hinge (Andrew Crawford) and the Neat Hinge (Ian Hawthorne) are brilliant but somewhat expensive unless you are aiming at the top end of the market.
Issac Lord have a large selection of hinges at a more modest price but seems to be very little between the bottom & top end of the market overall.

jonwhateley":i4dy3b7s said:
Hi,

Please forgive me being a bit forward as a new member, I have just started an online business called Prokraft (dot co, dot uk - I can't post links apparently), technically it does not open until tomorrow, but actually it is live. I carry a small range at present but it is expanding - slowly.

There is also a picture in the gallery of a commission keepsake box I made for a customer if it is of interest.

Kind regards

Jon
Good luck with your new venture, I will definitely be placing a small order in the very near future.

Baldhead

Hi doug,

Thanks for looking, I'll check out the clock link, I'm obvoiusly better with wood than technology but there's only 1 way to learn!

I really appreciate your feedback.

Many thanks

Jon

Back