Combi boiler settings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwr

Established Member
Reaction score
With the cost of gas and electric just going up lots more than inflation I have got to thinking about my heating costs for the first time. My boiler has heat settings for both the hot water and the CH.Up until now both have just been on high and left there and room stat in the hall about 20 in the evning and turned dowd just before I go to bed to about 16. All rads have thermostat valves on apart from the hall that has the room stat.

I have read somewhere that the water that returns to the boiler from the rads must be at a certain temp range for the condenser to work and be at its most economical. I'm not at all sure how it all works really what do you think about turning the heat setting down in the boiler? I think this would mean the boiler taking longer to bring the house up to temp but not so heavy on the gas flow as apposed to leaving it on full and taking shorter time to bring house up to temp but heavy on the gas?
Oh dung I'm confusing myself now does anyone a bit more clued up on condensing boilers have any advice for best settings.

Thanks g

Haha yeah heating on all night but doesn't kick in much and aye it's freezing up here at times but a great place to live.Well I think so

gwr":2qq3eit4 said:
Haha yeah heating on all night but doesn't kick in much and aye it's freezing up here at times but a great place to live.Well I think so

I'm gonna show yours and Baldheads posts to my missus. She turns down the radiator thermostats puts on a fleece and leaves the bloody room doors open. And...heating goes off at 10.30 pm none in the mornings and not back on 'till 4pm - I gave up arguing :roll: My laptop keeps my knees warm :lol:

Sounds like you're both wimps, haven't you seen the NUFC lads in the stands with their shirts of when it's minus 5 degrees C ? :lol:

Bob

You're all wimps :D

berlin-tattoo_1553357i.jpg

Back