Bosch GCM 10 SD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slpower01

Reaction score
I really like the look of this saw and the price.

up front controls, big sawing capacity etc.

What are the downfalls to this saw besides its heavy weight or would people recommend it??

for the price I dont think it can be matched £418 for a double bevel 10inch saw :D

Thanks in advance,
Steven.

Hello Steven...I bought one earlier this, an impulse buy after receiving a midweek madness email from Axminster.
I use it regularly for standard cross cuts but don't use it enough on mitres etc to remember which buttons to pull and push, and there's a few on this machine. If I remember rightly from front to back it takes up nearly four foot. The extension supports are OK on short pieces, and there is one support stop fitted to the one on the right. If I summed it up, it's BIG, LOUD and has cut everything I've thrown at with ease and very cleanly. I started on a mobile work station for it last night, hopefully I'll it ready sometime next week so will post a few images.

Thanks for the reply! ... I used a dewalt 12inch for years so hopefully it wont seem much bigger, I know it is heavier and will be used for site work, but once its setup in the morning it wont be moved all day so its not too bad.

once the cuts are nice on it ill be happy, I had been using an evolution cheapo saw to tie my over till I could save up funds again so will be glad to use a "proper" saw again.

I have had one for a few years. It's an excellent tool. Accurate and easy to use BUT...........the motor burned out on mine after about 18 months of moderate use. I never abused it and always take my time with cuts. I couldn't find or remember where I bought it so had no route back for any form of guarantee. The guy who repaired it said it was unusual for this to happen. I'd recommend it and would buy another simply because it's so dependably accurate.

Just looking at images on google. They all have a basic hand screw hold down. Mine came with an excellent lever type which has been seconded to my bench.

Back