Elu MOF 96E spares

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhossydd

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a second hand Elu 96E. Although I've got a lot of Elu fences and accessories for the 96 series already, I'm pretty sure I'll need a few replacement parts for it.
I've seen mentioned that it was re-badged as a DeWalt router(not sure what model number it became) and most recently as the Trend T5. Can anyone confirm that parts are interchangeable between them ?

I'm particularly interested in the dust extraction spout;
http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/product/W ... 5_v2_.html

Thanks in advance

Paul

the part you link to is not the same as the dust port that came with my 96E though it looks like the one on my black and decker and might fit the Elu

The Dewalt 615 uses a black and decker designed spout - part 945304-01
It bolts onto the guide bush holes on the 96
Matt

I forgot to say earlier that the guide bush holes on my B&D are the same size and same distance apart as on my Elu which is why I think the dust spout will fit. The original Elu is in three parts and uses the guide rods to hold one part in, no screws. It's a pain if you set the fence up, depth etc then realise you;ve forgotten to fit the spout

Shrubby":2ukxvee0 said:
The Dewalt 615 uses a black and decker designed spout - part 945304-01
Thanks that's really helpful.
that the guide bush holes on my B&D are the same size and same distance apart as on my Elu
I'd hoped that would be the case, the Elu/DeWalt/Trend versions are all very similar and I know a lot of the bits(fences etc) are interchangeable. For that matter a lot of the Elu bits also fit my old Hitachi TR7 too.

The dust extraction hood might be a special case as, if I remember rightly, it wasn't an option on the very early 96 models, so before ordering I'll wait until I have the router in hand to check that it does actually have the mounting points.

Ta

Paul

That part No will fit all of the Elu 96 . I use it on an original German one from the 70's and the guide bush holes have never changed on the later types
It's 35mm inside so the most popular hoses will fit
Matt

Just to update after getting hold of all the bits;
The part number shrubby quotes is the correct part for the Elu 96E/02 and is still available from DeWalt/B&D at the time of writing. You need a couple of M6 screws(25-30mm depending on any guide bush) and associated thumb nuts to fit it.
The extractor part for the Trend T5 doesn't fit, although some surgery might see it fit if there's no alternative.

Collets all seems to be interchangeable between the ELU 96series, DeWalt615 and Trend T5 though. Similarly the fence and accessories that use the fence rods all are interchangeable too.

Also beware web sites offering spares from exploded diagrams, some seem to offer parts that are no longer available and accept the order. I got my bits from Issac Lord who have a knowledgeable spares department.

Thanks to everyone for their help on this.

Back