Wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Bennett

Established Member
Reaction score
The other day I had a meeting with a local charity shop,to ask what they do with the furniture they do not want.The answer was to get rid of it.If it is too badly scratched they can not sell it,and only sell furniture that can they can sell straight away.
MDF and chipwood etc has we all know is being widely used in the construction of furniture.I have come up with
a agreement with the shop that if it not fit to sell and is any of the material other than proper wood I will take to the skip
and if it is wood we can come to some agreement of the price for me to make a donation to the charity shop.
Some of the furniture has plywood on,and when you take the plywood off,it folds into flat pack (hammer) (to the skip).

Bryan :lol:

You have hit on a winner there Bryan. Have you tried car boot sales as well, a great source of small pieces of useful wood. I cant really go down that road. I would not have the time to scrape off the multi layers of varnish and stain to get to the bare wood. As I scroll for a living I need all my wood prepared but for people where it is purely a hobby then go for it. I have a friend who is a wood turner, he has his stall next to mine at the craft fairs. He is yet to pay for a piece of wood.

Sounds like you got yourself a good deal, Bryan, as long as the ratio of wood to chipboard is in your favour. You don't want to be taking up too much scrolling time with trips to the tip.

Martin.

Back