Spares for a very old D988

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hola Everybody

Does anybody remember the old sanding attachment (D988) that went on a Black and Decker Drill? Well I have lost the oscillating "bolt" that screwed into the drill. It´s probably 1960´s kit and nobody seems to have spares.

I don´t user it for sanding. I use the attachment for shaking cement down in my balustrade and other moulds. I haven´t made any balustrades for a while but now I need to and the part has gone AWOL.

I wondered if anybody had any ideas. I could probably weld a washer a bit offset onto a bolt or might anybody know of any Firms that might still have some old gear. I live in Spain so not many places here.

Have a good weekend everybody

Saludos cordiales

David

I

I remember it well although mine is long gone

I presume you mean as per attached ?

ebay is your best bet I would have thought

David in Spain":25jn4dk2 said:
Hola Everybody

Does anybody remember the old sanding attachment (D988) that went on a Black and Decker Drill? Well I have lost the oscillating "bolt" that screwed into the drill. It´s probably 1960´s kit and nobody seems to have spares.

I don´t user it for sanding. I use the attachment for shaking cement down in my balustrade and other moulds. I haven´t made any balustrades for a while but now I need to and the part has gone AWOL.

I wondered if anybody had any ideas. I could probably weld a washer a bit offset onto a bolt or might anybody know of any Firms that might still have some old gear. I live in Spain so not many places here.

Have a good weekend everybody

Saludos cordiales

David

I

Attachments

• Clip501.jpg
    Clip501.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 82
If it was me, I would take a large hefty washer, drill an offset hole towards the edge and use a bolt with a couple of nuts to lock it up

Perhaps with a gob of epoxy glue

David in Spain":3bku1tuf said:
Thanks Alexam.

That is probably the solution.

Un saludo

D

Back