First turning of 2017

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well everything is out of the way woodworking wise so now it is all my own time in the shed(OOPS sorry there is one thing and that is a build for the Woodworker magazine).
Anyway back to my first hopefully of many turned items for the year. Not anything special but a Baron pen kit with a Red/Black blank, well I had to do something :twisted:

C & C welcome as always

DSCF6974%202_zps4lnbzsq5.jpg

I realise the praise from a novice isnt necessairly worth as much as that from more experienced turners...but to me that really is very nice indeed. I like both the shape and the wood grain patterns & colours.

As is probably obvious to some, my wood identification skills are minimal, so I 'd be very interested to know which wood you used (and which finishing techniques/materials!)

cheers
Keith

Thank you both.

Keithie":2o3cikme said:
I realise the praise from a novice isnt necessairly worth as much as that from more experienced turners...but to me that really is very nice indeed. I like both the shape and the wood grain patterns & colours.

As is probably obvious to some, my wood identification skills are minimal, so I 'd be very interested to know which wood you used (and which finishing techniques/materials!)

cheers
Keith

This is not wood but a polyester resin blank which is turned on the wood lathe and it is finished by wet sanding down to 12,000grit and then burnished with a final coat of mycrocrystalline wax to help prevent fingerprints from handling the last one will only last a short time but will not effect the shine/finish

Back