Router Feather Boards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made them in the first instance, then got fed up with the hassle of clamping them and faffing about with the positioning, now use proprietary plastic ones with sliding bolts on a T slot, much easier and quicker.

Mike

I've made a selection of them but I do know what Mike means in terms of setting them up. However as I tend to only rout small pieces these days (essentially a box maker) I use a Gripper push block (wait for the screams) which effectively holds the workpieces against the fence and down on the table at the same time.
If you're going for bought ones, look out for a Rutlands offer as I know the sell them to fit the Dakota router table.

Made mine out of 18mm MDF - mitre saw up to a pencil line, still going strong ~15 years on... Benefit of making your own is that you can make them to suit your needs.

HTH Pete

petermillard":75z9uh5e said:
Made mine out of 18mm MDF - mitre saw up to a pencil line, still going strong ~15 years on... Benefit of making your own is that you can make them to suit your needs.

HTH Pete
sounds encouraging
and i have spent to much recently
do u have a rough guide how?

Steve

Pete

that is great
I have the mdf
I have the Kapex

I want that little clamp you have...what a great trick...I will slice a bit of pipework, should do the same thing

Steve

SteveF":1yvlvs4n said:
I want that little clamp you have...what a great trick...I will slice a bit of pipework, should do the same thing
Steve
Pleasure. That clamp's a crazy expensive Manfrotto SuperClamp from my old photo days - I'm sure a slice of plastic pipe will work just fine, though purely by chance a couple of these turned up in the post today, and for the money they're absolutely fantastic - really solid little clamps, threaded base for 1/4" & (presumably) 3/8th", well handy!

Cheers, Pete

who's taking the micheal here?
Just looked up the micro jig gripper.
Amazon USA+ £49
Amazon UK =TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE POUNDS.
Weds, Thurs, Fri, ???????????????????

petermillard":xt6v9d16 said:
SteveF":xt6v9d16 said:
Steve
Pleasure. That clamp's a crazy expensive Manfrotto SuperClamp from my old photo days - I'm sure a slice of plastic pipe will work just fine, though purely by chance a couple of these turned up in the post today, and for the money they're absolutely fantastic - really solid little clamps, threaded base for 1/4" & (presumably) 3/8th", well handy!

Cheers, Pete

would they fit Peter
I think that would find so many uses
and for a few quid it is no big loss for a one time tool

Steve

SteveF":d34wv3zx said:
would they fit Peter
I think that would find so many uses
and for a few quid it is no big loss for a one time tool
Steve
They're in the workshop, I'll measure them tomorrow, but I think they're 50-odd mm across the jaws, so should easily fit on the Kapex rails. But yes, for £4-apiece posted, they're terrific.

Pete

who's taking the micheal here?
Just looked up the micro jig gripper.
Amazon USA+ £49
Amazon UK =TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE POUNDS.
Weds, Thurs, Fri, ???????????????????

I think that might just be directed at me?

Bought mine off Rutlands for ~ £60 I think (now on for ~£80) so you obviously shop from posher shops than I do!
I did um & ah about it but the persuading factor for me was Peter Sefton's recommendation, and having been on a couple of Peter's course, I thought it worth a try. Yes Peter does sell them but he wouldn't sell or recommend anything he wouldn't use himself so it was worth a punt and I'm really pleased with it.

I saw the mention here and had not heard of them before. I watched the video and I want one. I do a lot of small stuff close to the router bit, and yes, I do take every possible precaution, but that little tool would make me a lot happier.

Rutlands dont seem to have it on their site. a company called toolovation has it for around £80 but is out of stock.

There is a Belgian retailer but their website is showing error 404. I have a relation in belgium who I have asked to phone them tomorow.
i've also emailed axminster although I cant find it on their site.

If I dont get one for xmas I shall scream and scream untill I'm sick.

Sunnybob,
I've just checked their site (as in just now) and they are there at £79.95 with 5 in stock.
You might want to have another look?

excellent thanks. I realise what I did wrong, I just searched for "gripper" instead of "grrr-ripper" Computers arent that smart, are they?.

Dont suppose any one has a discount code for rutlands?

Is it me or is it lousy search engines?
I want the gravity heel kit for the micro jig, but when I typed that into rutlands search box, I got a list of kitchen door knobs.

No, thats another tool entirely.
I even emailed rutlands with my specific needs and they came back with the same link you just posted. i suspect they dont stock them.
I have found both items for sale at woodworkers workshop, which I havent heard of before.

i'm waiting on one more reply before I order them from WW.

Back