Small chest of drawers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of making a small set of drawers for a customer. I have already made and fitted a large cabinet, small wardrobe and desk and now the set of drawers to fit under the desk.

lovely paint finish on that mailee. Is the unit joined by biscuits/dominos?, be interested to see the finished hardward

Mark

Thanks guys. It is assembled with Dominos Mark. The finish is a 40% sheen Morrells 2K and it was sprayed. Well Graham, i like the contrast between the white and the wood with drawers.

mailee":3hlgnxsm said:
Thanks guys. It is assembled with Dominos Mark. The finish is a 40% sheen Morrells 2K and it was sprayed. Well Graham, i like the contrast between the white and the wood with drawers.

Looks great :wink:

Thanks for that mailee, I tried spraying before with my compressor which is perfectly adequate for pin guns etc but failed miserably to provide enough air to maintain a consistent spray but it is only has a 25L tank powered by a 1.5HP motor :(

Yes Giggs those small compressors just aren't man enough to handle a spray gun especially a HVLP one. Have you considered a a turbine one? I have not used one but many of the guys on here have and they rate them well.
I delivered the small chest of drawers today and got some pics of the units I had built now they are all in place.
This is the small wardrobe that sits above the stairs. inside it has a pull down rail for access.

Here is the tall unit that houses document files along with the desk and the chest of drawers.

The desk was designed to fit around the radiator and is battened to the wall.

I also took some pics of the downstairs units now the proper handles have been fitted.

I am also pleased to say a relative was so impressed with them she has asked me to quote her for under stairs cupboards too. :D

Very nice and tidy solutions mailee. Bonus to get another potential job off the back of it too.

mailee":qmzhcnmv said:
Yes Giggs those small compressors just aren't man enough to handle a spray gun especially a HVLP one. Have you considered a a turbine one? I have not used one but many of the guys on here have and they rate them well.

Sounds interesting, do you have a link or brand name I could Google? Thanks

As I say I don't know much about them but know that two of the best seem to be Fuji and Apollo if you try an internet search. Try posting the question on the finishing section about them and I am sure you will get your answers as I know there a few people on here that use them. HTH. :wink:

Woodmonkey":3j0z7u5e said:
Looks like you've got the hang of this furniture making lark Alan.
Well I am certainly having a good go at it. They say practice makes perfect. :lol: I should have got it by the time I retire. :lol:

Back