Don't wory - I hugged it first

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walney Col

Established Member
Reaction score
A natural edge wall clock cut from Hawthorn for my grandaughter.
I hugged it first.jpg

There's also a 30 minute video documenting the making of it if anyone's interested.
[youtube]SM6xFVALUq8[/youtube]
Col.

Attachments

• I hugged it first.jpg
    I hugged it first.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 950
I recon you're Grand daughter will be very pleased with that, very unique.
Interesting video too, thanks for posting.
Regards Rodders

I always enjoy seeing your projects I think that you always take things one step above the norm and that makes your work interesting.
I would like to learn more about the colour resin infill can you advise me where to get more info about it please.

powertools":21n338vs said:
I would like to learn more about the colour resin infill can you advise me where to get more info about it please.
The stuff I use is "clear casting resin" which you can buy is just about any quantities you like. It invariably comes with a tiny bottle of hardener/activator and you mix the two together as per the instructions and after the allotted time it becomes hard.

The colour is an optional extra so far as I'm concerned. You CAN buy it pre-mixed but it costs more and to my mind why have only one colour when you can buy small bottles of pigment you add in whatever quantity/combination you like.

It really is that simple to use but if you have any doubts try a youtube search for "casting with acrylic resin" and I'm sure there'll be dozens of examples you can follow step by step.

I source my resin and dyes (also the pseudo=gold flake) from whoever's selling it cheapest on ebay though you might want to spend a few quid extra just for the sake of the mixing instructions etc which the cheaper brands seldom include.

I posted a thread on making these specific items you might find worth reading.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/more-flawed-hawthorn-t86416.html

Col.

Not sure how much use it is powertools but I just came across an unused clip I had of me mixing the casting resin you're interested in.
[youtube]-f_a12bUOh4[/youtube]
Col.

Thanks for your help with this Col I have a few ideas of projects that I could include your methods into and I will no doubt be back for more advice.

Back