Buying brass round bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
Where the most economical place to get small quantities of brass bar for turning?

I could do with some short lengths of 20mm - 30mm dia. (or thereabouts - not critical).

Thanks.

Thanks Rod but 110 mile round trip and 8 quid to get in would make it rather expensive brass. Think I'd rather pay postage. :)

Well you do see other things

I cannot access my PC at the moment so cannot link any suppliers but the MEX website should have a list of exhibitors:
Noggin Ends, College Supplies comes to mind?

Rod

Yes I've been keeping my eye eBay's listings. BUT just now I tried Amazon and found some (via a one of their sellers) which was very reasonable I thought at 18 quid inc. P/P for a 600mm length of 20mm CZ121.

Prices can be very variable, so always wort shopping around, but College Engineering Supplies, Mallard Metal Packs and EKP Supplies are all worth checking out.

I'd call in at your local engineers / machining shops, they may have off cuts / short lengths they would be willing to sell.

Lee Tools at Yapton, near Chichester, always have brass rod, dia. up to c.1", odd lengths up to about 10", but sometimes longer, also "magnetic stainless steel", similar lengths, usually about 10-12mm dia.
Seems to cut reasonably in the lathe.

Usually have allsorts of woodworking and engineering bits and pieces.

I think they have a website.

Nothing shown on their website. I think it's the sort of place to visit but too far from Gloucester. :( Thanks anyway.

Back