Plans For A Door Canopy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedmc571

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm asking on behalf of someone about this.

He's looking for some pointers, but preferably plans for a single door canopy, I think just like a standard roof with tiles :?:

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Jed

I produced this about 2 years ago out of green oak I still have the plans on AutocadLT somewhere if you want them? I'll have to dig them out but they're on a hard drive backed up. :?

and another shot from the side

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37440727@N02/4068990618/

The only issue I had with it was that the wood dried out and the oak peg has tended to hold off one of the struts from the joint so you can see where the wood has shrunk back - design fault on my part but this was my first ever green wood project so i can live with it :D

let me know

rgds

Darren

ps it is level (honest) - the house is out :shock:

Hi Darren, that's just what I'm planning but with shingles. If you do find the plans, would you let me have a copy.
Thanks

Keenedge":omaamrkf said:
Hi Darren, that's just what I'm planning but with shingles. If you do find the plans, would you let me have a copy.
Thanks

I'll dig out my hard drive later and then I'll ping them over to you via a PM ( I think I can do that :? ) I should have them on there

Also

The holes above the lintle are old air vents as the house used to be an old hay barn, so it was to help ventilate the barn and dry out the hay.

rgds

Darren

Back